Send Topic Print
WTB Harness (Read 4459 times)
Rally V-Dud
YaBB Newbies

Go fast or not at
all

WTB Harness
05/24/3 at 17:08:11

I'm looking to get into Navigational Rallying with my girlfriend as my co-pilot, but she said she wont do it unless I get her her own harness...so can anyone help me?

It doesn't need to be anything fancy, just to make her happy.

shut up and drive
  IP Logged
A_Spider
YaBB Newbies

Re: WTB Harness
Reply #1 - 05/24/3 at 19:32:12

There is no way you will need a harness for the navagational rallies.. Its rare for you ever to exceed 80kph  except  at the start on the highway.. but you don't need a harness for the highway... Bring her out and just tell her to try it once before she says no.. She will be fine after a few mins.. Save the cash my friend.. She'll be hooked we all are..

2476101   IP Logged
Rally V-Dud
YaBB Newbies

Go fast or not at
all

Reply #2 - 05/24/3 at 22:26:43

I've already tried. She insists that we both have them. I've kinda spooked her a few times just driving to the cottage so I guess I can't really blame her...

shut up and drive
  IP Logged
A_Spider
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - 05/24/3 at 22:56:35

WinkI know what your saying.. Well good luck.. But she understands that you really won't be pushing the car to its limits like you do running up the narrow cottage road like I know so many of us do..

Anyway a harness upgrade requires a seat change to accomidate the new belt so if this car is your day to day driver (unless your willing to change the seat after every race) you will have to use the harness all the time..

I got an idea see if one of the more experienced guy might be willing to take her for a run in a car with the harness installed so she can see its not nessesary.. Just I thought.. I'm only trying to save you the cash cause I know where else you are going to want to spend it once you start Wink

2476101   IP Logged
Rally V-Dud
YaBB Newbies

Go fast or not at
all

Reply #4 - 05/25/3 at 07:50:42

Thanks man, but she wont get into a car in a rally without a harness, she said it just makes her feel safer...but not because she doesn't think I can drive. I think she also wants it for those times I turn my cottage road into my personal course.

I'm not too worried about the seat change thing. I upgraded my seats the Recaros that come in some VW's ( I have a Rabbit by the way), and I have already fitted the driver seat with a harness...I'm pretty good at stuff like that.

So I guess what this all boils down to is, I still need a harness if I want to race. Thanks for all your help though.

shut up and drive
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print