Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mangy Moose Rally Information (Read 3443 times)
Robert Roaldi

Check your mirrors.

Ottawa, Ontario
Mangy Moose Rally Information
04/07/4 at 13:54:50

MCO is hosting the annual Mangy Moose navigational rally on May 8th.

The info below is from the flyer which may be on the MCO site by now. Feel free to email me if you have more questions. The rally is being held further east this year to accomodate entries from Montreal.

As seen elsewhere on these forums, I will be holding a "seminar" on navex rally instruction types and typical "tricks" that are used a couple of weeks before the Moose at the regular MCO rally group meeting.

- 140 km Navigational Road Rally, Start/Finish at Herb’s Restaurant off County 34 at Exit 27 on the 417, just south-east of the interchange. It is approx 15 km southwest of Vankleek Hill

- Registration opens at 10:30 am with car 1 starting at 12:01 pm.

- Beginner and Intermediate class instructions will be provided. It is recommended that Intermediate navigators have previous navex experience (3-5 events). There will be NO “brain busters” or “nasty tricks”.

- Beginner instructions may include Tulips, Road Counting, Simple Maps, Non-Accum distances, Clock Faces, Tabular Columns or variations. There will no blind sections, i.e. distances will always be given.

- Intermediate instructions may include the above as well as straight-line diagrams or flow charts. There may be blind sections for this class.

- Pencil, pens, rulers, compasses, protractors recommended. Rally odometers may be used but stock odo’s are OK.

- Mixture of timed to the minute and timed to the tenth check points, as well as possible un-timed route controls.

Robert Roaldi, Organizer

IP Logged
Jeannie VE3JNE

Lanark Highlands
Re: Mangy Moose Rally Information
Reply #1 - 04/22/4 at 19:09:43

You can pre-register now and save yourself some time on the day of the rally. Just contact me at rosetta@magma.ca with the usual info: names of driver and navigator, car info, insurance info, class and the club you belong to. If you don't have all that information handy, just give me your names and we can start with that.

Jeannie
Registrar, Mangy Moose Rally

IP Logged
Jeannie VE3JNE

Lanark Highlands
Reply #2 - 04/26/4 at 14:45:34

Okay, I know there are some of you competing, but can you please let me know "officially?" (That means YOU, Ryan, Cheesy and your team-mate.)

Just give me your names to start with, so I can get a body count going.

Anyone else out there??

Jean MacGillivray
rosetta@magma.ca
Registrar, Mangy Moose Rally

IP Logged
John_Vanos
YaBB Moderator

Reply #3 - 04/26/4 at 19:15:20

Sadly Jean I cannot make it anymore.  I have to work that weekend so I will be in ottawa the weekend after that to get my new skidplate from Warren.  Sorry and good luck on the event turnout!

John

2006 OPRC Driver Champion
2012/2013 OPRC Codriver Champion

MLRC Vice President
  IP Logged
Jeannie VE3JNE

Lanark Highlands
Reply #4 - 04/26/4 at 19:33:00

Sorry to hear you have to work, John.  Sad

About the new skidplate: know that the first edition was for our dearly departed rally car (which we hope to see competing at Tall Pines, by the way). Looking forward to hearing how you like it -- sure makes those gravel roads less of a concern!

Jeannie

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print