Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
New here, where do I start? I want to rally! (Read 26296 times)
deramg
YaBB Newbies

MB FOREVER!

Re: New here, where do I start? I want to rally!
Reply #15 - 09/21/4 at 23:03:03

alan, thanks alot of your help, your words are really helpful  Wink

about the schooling, i'll keep my eyes on their website, but if they don't has one for the 2005, you'll have to teach me personally  Grin jkjk

i'm still so confuse on one thing, i can't find the entry requirements for ORRC.

So basically without joinig any clubs and licensed from CAR, i can enter the followings right?

1. Mini Rally
2. Rally Cross
3. ORRC

subject to :

1.2.1 Competitors

The following documents, valid on the day(s) of the event, must be presented at registration:
driver licence for the crew member listed as driver
vehicle registration (if road licenced vehicle)
when the owner of the vehicle is not entered as the driver or co-driver, a written authorization from the owner of the vehicle
for any participant (driver or passenger) under the age of majority of the province, a written permission signed by a parent or guardian
Passengers (sixteen or older) are permitted.
1.2.2 Vehicles

Vehicles must be based on a production, closed body and chassis to compete.
All loose items in the vehicle must be removed during the event (including from the trunk).
Snap-on hubcaps, detachable fender skirts and trim rings must be removed.
Tires must be in good condition, with no cord or belts showing or cracks in the tread or sidewalls.
Mechanical condition and safety of the vehicle is the responsibility of the competitor.
1.2.3 Mandatory equipment

Helmets bearing "Snell Memorial Foundation" 1990 M or SA (or more recent) labels must be worn by all drivers and passengers. Only SA-labelled helmets are acceptable for use in cars equipped with roll cages.
Minimum three point seat harnesses must be worn by drivers and passengers.

IP Logged
AlanO
YaBB Administrator

Re: New here, where do I start? I want to rally!
Reply #16 - 09/22/4 at 20:17:10

Quote:
So basically without joinig any clubs and licensed from CAR, i can enter the followings right?

1. Mini Rally
2. Rally Cross
3. ORRC

That's correct although most clubs offer discounts for their members at their own events, ie. if both teammates are MLRC members, they get a five-dollar discount off MLRC mini rally entry fees.

The rules you quoted are only for the rallycross series.  ORRC rules are available here (starting at 21.0):

http://www.rallysport.on.ca/rules.htm

The rulebook is way out of date but I don't think the ORRC rules have changed.  You need a licenced, insured vehicle to compete in road rallies.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print