Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
wtb:  bosch 225 fog lenses (Read 4817 times)
dtompsett

Ontario
wtb:  bosch 225 fog lenses
10/05/4 at 09:23:29

I'm looking to pick up a set of fog lenses for my bosch 225's.  Anyone got any used ones sitting around?  I don't necessarily need the housings, just the lenses.

IP Logged
John_Vanos
YaBB Moderator

Re: wtb:  bosch 225 fog lenses
Reply #1 - 10/05/4 at 10:40:48

Hey Doug, do you have driving pattern lenses for the 225's?  if so we may be able to arrange a trade...

John

2006 OPRC Driver Champion
2012/2013 OPRC Codriver Champion

MLRC Vice President
  IP Logged
dtompsett

Ontario
Reply #2 - 10/05/4 at 12:04:21

Hey john... i've got 4 driving and 2 pencil.... i'd like to keep the driving lights though.  I doubt i'll need the spots... even if I do a 6 light setup on the audi, I doubt the pencil beams will do me much good.

IP Logged
John_Vanos
YaBB Moderator

Reply #3 - 10/05/4 at 12:14:35

Ok doug, too bad....if you decide you want to trade me know and the fogs are yours for those driving lenses

MLRC Vice President
  IP Logged
dtompsett

Ontario
Reply #4 - 10/05/4 at 12:33:06

hey john... why do you want to part with the fog lenses?  You figure that 4 driving lenses would be nicer than 2 fog & 2 driving?

IP Logged
John_Vanos
YaBB Moderator

Reply #5 - 10/05/4 at 14:58:23

I just wanted to try the driving beam more or less.  I really like the fogs and they work well as cornering type lamps as well.  Just wanted to see what 4 driving was like thats all

MLRC Vice President
  IP Logged
C. Hamm

Will rally for free.

Reply #6 - 10/23/4 at 22:31:44

I use four driving lenses.  You get a few faint gaps, aiming is important, and I developed a little procedure to do it consistently if one get knocked out of place (rare).    You get good long side coverage on highway transits, and if the road is really twisty, fog vs driving won't make too much difference (*I* think) since you're just blasting so much light into a confined area to begin with, it looks pretty good.  Nothing's perfect, though, but it works for me.  Btw, with the outer driving lamps angled outwards, I found that you can drive in snowy conditions with the cornering beams on without getting too much of the "screensaver" hypnotism, compared to the backscatter of the centre forward-looking lamps.  Fogs might not give you that edge in that particular condition (unless you use them like fogs, on the low beam only, aimed low).  This is one reason I'd like to add some low driving lights on the Golf.

VA3KRT
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print