Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Installing probe for TerraTrip (Read 2417 times)
Nuwan
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Ontario
Installing probe for TerraTrip
10/12/4 at 15:03:24

I finally have the time to install the TerraTrip that I bought a while back. It came with two "standard-probes" which are designed to point at the back of the wheel studs on a non-driven wheel.  I'm installing this on a AWD Subaru which makes it impossible to aim the probes at the back of the wheel studs.

Question: I am wondering if anyone has had luck using the serrated "tone ring" for the abs instead of the wheels studs. I can easily mount the probe here but am not sure if it will be able to get a usable signal since the terratrip would recieve 30+ "blips" per rotation of the wheel than the usual 5 if wheel studs was used. There is also the possibility of using the stock abs sensor instead of the probe although the same signal/"blip" issue remains. Will the terratrip be able to use the faster signal accurately?

My last option is to go and get the "japanese" style probe which runs off the speedo cable, how much do these usually go for?

Thanks in advance for any advice/help Grin

Nuwan D
1992 Legacy Turbo
"understeer is when the driver is scared, oversteer is when the passengers are scared"
  IP Logged
Meengreen
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Installing probe for TerraTrip
Reply #1 - 10/14/4 at 19:37:02

You don't want to use the ABS ring...if your factor is out by 1% it's out by 1% 30 times per revolution...Really tough to dial a factor that way..

I've mounted a couple dozen probs on everything from a Hyundai to a Porsche..

Call me I may be able to help You

Andrew miller
Two AM Rallysport

519-572-0335

Life is about the corners!
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print