Send Topic Print
Tall Pines Is Comin!! (Read 3781 times)
Mungrin
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Tall Pines Is Comin!!
10/13/4 at 14:36:38

so i registered to volunteer at tall pines for the saturday... and was wondering what to bring. i read what they were talking about wit the marshalls they said most likely they will have watches, and said to bring clothes for any weather that hits us. but what else to bring? any help please, i dont wanna show up with nothing when i should be showing up with a whole bundle of things and then upset the people im workin for =)

Mungrin
  IP Logged
Nikola

Geeksters Rallying

Re: Tall Pines Is Comin!!
Reply #1 - 10/13/4 at 14:55:15

Just brainstorming: I think pen/pencil, paper & clipboard are always a good idea. If you have those motorola or similar walkie talkies that operate on common frequency, they tend to be useful as well (as long as you tell the organizer and don't usurp the waves;). Dress for all kinds of weather, though I don't think mosquitos will be too much of a problem that time of year;). Granola bars & juiceboxes may help keep you on your feet. First aid kit should be in your car at all times, but if you don't have one, this is a good excuse to get it:). I bring my trusty GPS to find my way To & From the rally place; fully charged cell phone and flashlight as well. Foldable chair if you have room in the trunk. Can you tell I'm a packrat yet? :->
(most of these things are often provided by the organizers, but spares rarely hurt, and as I found when I bought a overpriced Muskoka sweater, better to have stuff sit in the trunk then freeze to death because you forgot something:)).

If you understand what you are doing, you aren't learning anything!
WWW 18975513   IP Logged
Mungrin
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 10/13/4 at 17:57:14

thanks alot zwei =)

Mungrin
  IP Logged
luv2drift
YaBB Newbies

ON
Reply #3 - 10/26/4 at 16:22:19

I was hoping to volunteer this year, but couldn't commit due to an unpredictable work schedule. Cry  I have been to other rally's in the past, but never to the 'Tall Pines.

The event website doesn't seem to inform 'old school' (feed, sit and move around where you please) poor spectators.  I could only find VIP info for those (affluent?) enough with $125. Shocked

What happened? ??? Could someone who volunteed/spectated prior to 2002 please reply? Undecided  Sorry newbie's!

keepin' the shiny side up!
  IP Logged
John_Vanos
YaBB Moderator

Reply #4 - 10/26/4 at 17:32:58

You do NOT have to be a VIP to spectate.  You DO however need to stay at the spectator areas.  They are in good locations for you to see the rally and will have many things to offer everyone.  Unfortuantely due to insurance we are not allowed to let people spectate in the woods like we all did previously.

There are onyl a couple hundred VIP's and thousands of regular spectators, come out and have a blast!

2006 OPRC Driver Champion
2012/2013 OPRC Codriver Champion

MLRC Vice President
  IP Logged
Jeannie VE3JNE

Lanark Highlands
Reply #5 - 10/26/4 at 18:39:40

The only thing I would add to Zweistein's comments is to bring a decent lunch. I didn't bring enough food to get me through the day feeling well and I could feel my energy draining away . . . luckily, someone let me sit in his car to get warm. At the end of the rally, some other nice rally guys took me away to get some hot food. Grin

Find somewhere to get a good sandwich made and bring more food than you think you'll need. And warm clothes . . . definitely the warm clothes! When you're out on the stages all day, you want to be able to enjoy the experience!

Jeannie

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print