Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
January Jaunt - for beginners? (Read 2479 times)
Gorilla_nerfball
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

January Jaunt - for beginners?
11/22/4 at 14:51:16

Can anyone comment on the suitability of the January Jaunt rally for beginners? I've navigated a couple mini rallies and the driver would be altogether new.

We're looking to get started as early as possible and January jaunt seems to be the next thing that's not as hardcore as the Subaru Winter Rally (which I'm told is a little too much for the inexperienced driver).

Cheers,

A. Gorilla

IP Logged
nhibbert

Re: January Jaunt - for beginners?
Reply #1 - 11/22/4 at 15:45:40

I haven't actually done the January Jaunt, although I plan to this year. I think if you've done a few mini's and are comfortable driving the backroads in winter during the day you should be fine. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Norman
VE3HWL
  IP Logged
Robert Roaldi

Check your mirrors.

Ottawa, Ontario
Reply #2 - 11/22/4 at 18:43:54

You should contact the organizer Kurt Seelenmayer. He is very familiar with the Mini-Rally roads and would be able to tell you whether or not the Jaunt roads are very much different in character. My guess is not. If you were ok in the Mini's this event will also be to your liking.

The proviso is that it's a winter event and you should be prepared for that, ie good winter tires, warm clothes in case of breakdown etc.

IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Reply #3 - 11/22/4 at 20:13:37

The Jaunt is a very suitable event for a beginner team. It is a navex rally, but I don't expect it to be too challenging as far as instructions. As Robert said, you'll want winter tires, but it won't difficult driving.

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print