Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
new mailing list for licensed drivers/co-drivers (Read 6095 times)
patr
YaBB Newbies

shut up and drive

new mailing list for licensed drivers/co-drivers
12/03/4 at 02:46:01

Hi,

I am not on these forums but joined to post this message....

later
-Pat

--

Welcome to licensed-drivers@rocketrally.com.

At an impromtu competitors' meeting at the 2004 Rally of the Tall Pines, the competitors present decided to create an online discussion group for Canadian performance rally license holders. The intent behind the creation of this discussion group was to gather and communicate the thoughts of active Canadian performance rally PARTICIPANTS as a group.

The licensed-drivers@rocketrally.com mailing list is the result of that meeting.

If you know of other CARS or ASN Canada FIA rally licensees who may be interested in being part of this online discussion group, please ask them to send an email to licensed-drivers-help@rocketrally.com to get subscription information about the list.

At this point in time, the list is closed to the general public and is restricted to existing Canadian rally license holders ONLY. In the future, the list may be expanded to include public access, however, many other forums already exist for that purpose. Aside from this list, there is no existing communication mechanism reserved for actual participants.

As a subscriber, please feel free to send emails to the mailing list. You can be assured that all recipients are indeed CARS licensees (to the best of our knowledge) and we hope that this will allow you to more freely express your thoughts and concerns about the sport.

The discussions on this list are intended to be for list members only, and are strictly not to be re-posted on public forums. We reserve the right to remove members from the mailing list for failing to follow this policy.

Any questions please email licensed-drivers-owner@rocketrally.com.

--

IP Logged
patr
YaBB Newbies

shut up and drive

Re: new mailing list for licensed drivers/co-drive
Reply #1 - 12/03/4 at 09:11:45

ps over 100 people have signed up so far

IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Reply #2 - 12/03/4 at 12:14:53

Pat, I know I'm not a current license holder, but I don't suppose it would be possible to get on the list some time in the future as a probable-future-licensee/ upcoming-regional-organizer-who-wants-to-learn-more kind of thing, eh?

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
C. Hamm

Will rally for free.

Reply #3 - 12/03/4 at 17:27:28

Let me know if you need my 'actual particpation' as a club vote holder at the CARS AGM. I do not have an actual CARS license, though I have been 'actually participating' in rallying for 4 years.  Watch yer words.

VA3KRT
  IP Logged
Anthony_T

Reply #4 - 12/04/4 at 11:24:01

Pat,
The way you've worded your request makes it sound as if those waiting hours in the usually not so pleasant cold or blackflies waiting to read YOUR flying finish time are not participants.  Without the active participation of workers you wouldn't be competitors (it's not fun, it IS work, and we do incure expenses to do it - the one second of seeing you drive by, if that, is not reason enough to do it - I can see you way better, warmer and cheaper on TV).  Perhaps you should have used the words competitors or players.  

There is no offence taken.  Your intent is important. However, as Craig mentioned, be careful of your wording. Without participants you have nowhere to play with your 100 000$ toys.  

Anthony

WWW   IP Logged
John_Vanos
YaBB Moderator

Reply #5 - 12/04/4 at 18:13:49

Ok guys, I thought it was clear that Pat was just asking that the people who actually enter the rally and thus are participants in the rally were invited to join in conversation at this important time.  
I dont think he meant any of what you guys said.  This is a list for competitors in the events to talk about their concerns and ideas.  It's not meant to insult or detract from the work that volunteers do.  
If you would like you could start up a worker forum for us worker types, but not sure what we'd talk about except our dreams to one day do what these guys are already doing!  

Lets relax, I saw no 'dig' at us workers here at all

John

2006 OPRC Driver Champion
2012/2013 OPRC Codriver Champion

MLRC Vice President
  IP Logged
Nikola

Geeksters Rallying

Reply #6 - 12/05/4 at 12:12:09

If workers et al want to see what's going on... well, computers are wonderful things these days and many helpful options are possible - such as limiting the posting to competitors but allowing others to read, either by having read-only membership or posting a copy on a website somewhere (useful for archiving purposes anyway).

(This is assuming of course thers aren't 'secret' talks, which I'm too newbie and naive to anticipate  Grin)

If you understand what you are doing, you aren't learning anything!
WWW 18975513   IP Logged
Steve_McKelvie
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 12/05/4 at 14:59:46

There is nothing sinister going on here.  The purpose is to allow Canadian competitors to have a frank exchange of ideas without airing dirty laundry in public or turning it into some kind of soap opera.  Things like that can turn off potential sponsors and other supporters that have access to messages boards like this one.  I'm a US license holder who competed in three CARS national events events last year, but as I don't have a Canadian license I'm excluded from the discussion.  It doesn't bother me.  

I trust that the Canadian license holders will do/suggest  what's in the best interest for Canadian performance rallying which will benefit all of us who are involved.

Steve McKelvie

IP Logged
Anthony_T

Reply #8 - 12/05/4 at 23:25:16

Like my rant stated - good intentions, definately - wording, ???.  Oh well, no one's perfect. no biggie.

WWW   IP Logged
AlanO
YaBB Administrator

Reply #9 - 12/06/4 at 17:54:43

As posted on SpecialStage, the list has been opened up to anyone who has competed in a Canadian performance rally within the last two years.  SCCA licenceholders and those who have held CARS licences recently (but may not hold one right now) may join.

More info at http://www.specialstage.com/forum/cgi-bin/DCForumID4/708.html

-----

To subscribe:

send an email containing your
FULL NAME
CARS license #
Club Name

to: licensed-drivers-subscribe@rocketrally.com

For information about the list, send a blank email to:

licensed-drivers-info@rocketrally.com

If you are not a CARS license holder but have competed in a Canadian Performance Rally (regional or national) in the last 2 years, please include the name of the event as well in your subscription email.

WWW   IP Logged
Steve_McKelvie
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #10 - 12/09/4 at 07:31:03

Alan,
Thanks for pointing out that the forum has been opened up to SCCA competitors who have recently competed in Canada.  I have since joined that forum.

Steve McKelvie
Itinerant Co-Driver

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print