Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
IMPORTANT: Proposed CARS Bylaw Amendments (Read 4637 times)
AlanO
YaBB Administrator

IMPORTANT: Proposed CARS Bylaw Amendments
12/30/4 at 10:04:35

There has been a lot of discussion about the future of rallying and the role that CARS will play in the future of our sport.  The recent announcements from CARS, RDG and Subaru will send rallying in a new direction.  We need to determine where we should go from here.  To that end, a special Extraordinary General Meeting has been called by more than 25% of the member clubs of CARS to vote on some proposed amendments to the bylaws of CARS.

It should be noted that some of these bylaw amendments are not necessarily the direct result of the CARS-RDG fallout.  Some of these changes have been discussed and developed for some time.  However, the recent turmoil has highlighted the need for change in the opinions of many CARS members.  The proposed amendments and other relevant documents are available below:

Announcement & agenda of the upcoming CARS Annual General Meeting
CARS Bylaws
CARS Extraordinary General Meeting & proposed bylaw amendments

Please take the time to carefully read and consider these proposals.  Some of them are very basic and straightforward while others are radical changes to the structure of CARS.  There are several bylaws where more than one amendment has been suggested.

Send your comments and questions to exec@mlrc.ca.  Please use this email address only if you are currently a member of the Maple Leaf Rally Club.  If you are a member of another club, please contact your own club's board of directors if you want to speak your mind.  All club presidents should have copies of the CARS bylaws and the proposed amendments.

Contacting your own club's board is the best way to make yourself heard because all clubs are (or should be) sending a representative to the CARS AGM to vote on these proposals.  Your club needs to know how its members want it to vote.

Thank you for your consideration.

WWW   IP Logged
LastDitchRacing

Re: IMPORTANT: Proposed CARS Bylaw Amendments
Reply #1 - 01/02/5 at 23:09:24

Alan, when I download it, the CARS Bylaw pdf is blank.  It lists multiple pages, but no print.  The other pdfs work fine.

Regards, John

WWW RallyMaine   IP Logged
AlanO
YaBB Administrator

Reply #2 - 01/03/5 at 14:55:48

Try right click -> save target as...

The document works for me, but drop me a line if you (or anyone else) still has trouble viewing the file.  I'll keep looking into it.

WWW   IP Logged
LastDitchRacing

Reply #3 - 01/03/5 at 21:20:40

Still doesn't work for me.  I'm on a Mac, but that shouldn't matter with a pdf.  The other files download and look fine.  I've clicked to save and right-clicked to save.  No difference.

Thanks for the help.  John

RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Reply #4 - 01/03/5 at 22:55:11

John, are you viewing it with Acrobat reader or Preview? If you're using OSX and viewing with Preview, that may be your issue. I've had problems with it and certain pdfs in the past. Try Acrobat Reader.

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
Alex Korovkine
YaBB Newbies

Reply #5 - 01/04/5 at 09:21:02

John,
I don't know exactly how it works on mac, but general idea is next.
Try to save the file on your hard drive rather than open it. After you saved it, try to open it with Acrobat reader.
Should work. Smiley

IP Logged
LastDitchRacing

Reply #6 - 01/04/5 at 19:19:58

Using Acrobat reader works.  Thanks guys!  Smiley  My guess is that the two other files are newer and preview will open them no problem.  

Thanks again!  Smiley

Cheers!  John

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print