Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Membership fee question (Read 2099 times)
Jeff_Hagan

ON
Membership fee question
01/05/5 at 10:07:41

Hey, all.

Hopefully someone on the club exec can answer this for me:

I'm already a member of another CASC club and therefore have had my CASC dues ($15, I think) remitted on my behalf.

In other clubs I've been involved with, they say on the membership form to reduce the membership fee by the amount of the CASC dues if you've already paid them to another club (since they only have to be paid once per person).

Is this how it works for MLRC as well?  The membership form doesn't state this explicitly.

Thanks,

Jeff

WWW   IP Logged
AlanO
YaBB Administrator

Re: Membership fee question
Reply #1 - 01/05/5 at 12:33:57

My understanding is that CASC has changed their club affiliation fees to a flat rate of $300 per club.  The per-member fee is no longer applied.

Check out their "How to be affiliated" page:

http://www.casc.on.ca/affiliatedHowTo.php

The application form (use the first link on the page, not the one right at the bottom) also makes no mention of the per-member affiliation fee, just the flat club rate.

This is the first case of its kind that we have encountered.  I will ask the rest of the board what our policy will be.  But you might want to point out to your other club that the affiliation fee structure is different and that they may want to reconsider their own membership fee policy.

Thanks

WWW   IP Logged
Jeff_Hagan

ON
Re: Membership fee question
Reply #2 - 01/05/5 at 13:52:43

Thanks for the info, Alan.

I hadn't realized that CASC-OR had changed their fee structure.  Looking at the new membership forms for other clubs that I've been in (PMSC, KWRC), they've taken the mention of the fee reduction off their membership forms.

I don't think I'll be able to get my other club (Motorsport Marshalling Services) to reconsider their fees.  Their membership dues are already quite low - I believe they're subsidized by other racing clubs as a "thank you" for volunteering at their events.

Thanks again, Alan.

Jeff

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print