Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print
2005 Ontario Winter Rally (Read 38000 times)
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Re: 2005 Ontario Winter Rally
Reply #30 - 02/20/5 at 23:47:46

Cool vids Ferd, I'll have some stuff up shortly as well, once I've got some time to work on it.

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
fuzzy
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #31 - 02/21/5 at 15:49:03

Ferdinand wrote on 02/20/5 at 23:21:31:
Some of our in-car video clips from last night's SOWR:

Can we get these in non-streaming format?

Goni.
  IP Logged
ACP
YaBB Newbies

Flirting with the
laws of physics.

Reply #32 - 02/21/5 at 16:47:01

Congratulations to Ross, the MLRC, all the workers, and all the competitors on an excellent event. We enjoyed ourselves tremendously. I can tell you that a couple of sections were real work on my side of the car. And keep in mind that Marc and I call a performance stage win a "good day at the office."

Congrats to Jud and Doug on the win. Hope you're skeered for next year.

Also to John and Alan for an absurdly good intermediate performance. And Keith and Jen for running clean for so long. And Karl too. Jeez - it's getting competitive out there.

Like every year I think special awards should go to Louis Carbardos/Brian Maxwell, and Bo (and little Bo) Skowronnek for doing impossible things in 2WD cars. Obviously cases of "driven by WHO's inside."

Thanks to Sube and ClearWater for the support.

ACP

IP Logged
brynepp

Who said trucks
can't Rally?

Reply #33 - 02/21/5 at 17:39:54

[quote author=Ferdinand link=board=news;num=1105122835;start=15#29 date=02/20/05 at 23:21:31]Some of our in-car video clips from last night's SOWR:

Great vids!

Now my friends will understand Lower Old Hastings;D

Bryn

IP Logged
Ferdinand

Reply #34 - 02/21/5 at 18:38:39

Quote:
Can we get these in non-streaming format?

If anybody out there is willing to host them for me, that'd be great.  That's the only drawback to using that free upload site.  They insist on streaming the files so you have lots of time to see their advertising.

When I get a bit more time I'll go through my tapes again and make some better clips to post.

WWW   IP Logged
dtompsett

Ontario
Reply #35 - 02/21/5 at 18:59:30

I will have some video up in a few days which can be downloaded (for all those who don't like streaming).

I will post links when they are up.

IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Reply #36 - 02/21/5 at 22:52:32

As posted to the Rally-Ontario list for those who want to save files:
go to the page, and then go to the view menu and select "Source" which will bring up all the html code for the page. Browse through that and eventually you'll find the URL for the raw .wmv file, copy that, and then paste it into Windows Media's "Open URL" window, and save the file once it's downloaded.

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
Nikola

Geeksters Rallying

Reply #37 - 02/21/5 at 23:26:43

Or -- stream them (watch it in browser), then open your internet cache on the hard drive and just copy from there. A bit easier as you can just move all the videos at once.

Might want to sort by size and simply move the longest videos. If you have a lot of junk, delete cache before streaming.

To wit:
Tools -> Internet Options -> General -> (Temporary Internet Files) Settings -> View Files

After streaming, They'll be named something like
5021515658[1].wmv
or
c-5021515658.wmv
etc

If you understand what you are doing, you aren't learning anything!
WWW 18975513   IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Reply #38 - 02/22/5 at 01:09:20

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
Ferdinand

Reply #39 - 02/22/5 at 14:07:41

Cool!  I like seeing other people's in-car video.  Shocked

I want to know what I'm doing wrong and it really helps to study what other people are doing.  I would really love to see some in-car from Jud or Louis!!

We made a few dumb mistakes along the way.  I kissed a few too many snowbanks and Christoph called some questionable route instructions.  At one point he counted us down to a Caution sharp right over crest, so we had to slow right down for that, except there was nothing but left turns after every crest for almost a full kilometre after that.  Turns out I'd been using a wee bit too much wheelspin and our odo was way off.

People seeing our videos often comment on how calm and relaxed Christoph seems.  Well he was way too relaxed this time.  I had to keep elbowing him because he was falling asleep on me!  Then he told me to turn right when we were not yet halfway up the length of lower Old Hastings.  Are you sure about that?  This doesn't feel right to me.  Check that distance again, eh.  Sh*t.  Go back, go back!

Up to that point, Martin and Ken had been running right behind us in the order with their Nissan 240.  After our off-route incident they were three cars ahead of us.  But they were always faster than us anyway in the tricky stuff and, if not for some minor stuffage just before the last checkpoint, they would surely have finished 2nd in Intermediate (behind the uncatchable John V/Alan O!!).

So I'm thinking we might need to make some upgrades for next year.  Maybe we need to get us one a dem newfangled four-wheel-drive thingys.  Or maybe we just need to order up and install some larger cojones...

WWW   IP Logged
Ferdinand

Reply #40 - 02/22/5 at 14:16:18

Quote:
Or -- stream them (watch it in browser), then open your internet cache on the hard drive and just copy from there. A bit easier as you can just move all the videos at once.

It is possible to directly link to the source file as decribed by Ryan, however I prefer you use Nikola's suggestion of allowing the files to stream then copying them from your cache.

The Terms of Use for Putfile.com prohibit directly linking to the source files.  They say the files will be dumped if too much bandwidth is consumed by direct linking.

WWW   IP Logged
Nikola

Geeksters Rallying

Reply #41 - 02/22/5 at 14:28:40

Sounds like navigators were relaxing & falling asleep left and right!

I'm bringing coffee, Red Bull, and maybe a cattle prod or two with me next time  Grin

----

I've been trying to cut my 4 hours of videos to reasonably interesting parts, but can't seem to find the right, easy to use, fast software... I'm on my 6th suggested program right now - half of them don't want to open my AVI files, other half is too cumbersome and slow. I'll post them up eventually though Smiley

WWW 18975513   IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Reply #42 - 02/22/5 at 21:14:09

I've got another clip up, from Old Hastings southbound at the start of Leg C.

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=hastings2

And the south end of Hastings, through the tight bit:

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=southhastings

« Last Edit: 02/23/5 at 00:02:44 by RyanHuber »  

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
Nikola

Geeksters Rallying

Reply #43 - 02/23/5 at 02:44:55

our first rough clip (8MB WMV)

It'll be reworked once I have the time to actually look through it all for the "good bits" Smiley

(incidentally, I thought it looks a bit fast because of the low placement of camera; but all my non-rally friends are non-pulsed at how 'slow' we're going  Roll Eyes )

WWW 18975513   IP Logged
luv2drift
YaBB Newbies

ON
Reply #44 - 02/23/5 at 09:13:44

Nice clip Nikola.  Wow, what beautiful roads!  Grin

keepin' the shiny side up!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print