Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Introduction to Rally School (Read 6560 times)
AlanO
YaBB Administrator

Introduction to Rally School
01/08/5 at 09:10:13

MCO is organizing a course that gives an opportunity to new rallyists to learn a lot about the sport in a relatively short amount of time.

Sounds like a great program.

http://www.mco.org/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3535

WWW   IP Logged
deramg
YaBB Newbies

MB FOREVER!

Re: Introduction to Rally School
Reply #1 - 01/12/5 at 23:47:03

thanks  Wink

IP Logged
POLTROJAN
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 01/13/5 at 21:11:18

that's horrible... I live nearer Toronto and I am interested in getting a liscense but all the way to nearlly Ottawa and during weekdays???

Isn't there a nearby Toronto special courses or any other ways to get a racing liscense?

IP Logged
dtompsett

Ontario
Reply #3 - 01/13/5 at 21:32:22

This course has nothing to do with getting a rally license.  This is simply a course which teaches:
a)  Navigational (tsd) rally skills
b)  Performance rally car prep.

You don't need to take a special course to get a rally license.  The requirements include First Aid training, Doctors approval (good health and mental condition).... i'm not sure of all the details.

IP Logged
DaveP

Reply #4 - 01/13/5 at 21:55:29

POLTROJAN wrote on 01/13/5 at 21:11:18:
that's horrible... I live nearer Toronto and I am interested in getting a liscense

Isn't there a nearby Toronto special courses or any other ways to get a racing liscense?

I am not sure what you are interested in (Performance, or Navigational), but RallySport Ontario will be holding a Rally School in Mississauga during the spring starting Mar 21. Check http://www.rallysport.on.ca/ under 2005 Event Schedule for further information. Also check the Beginner Resources link. It has excellent information.

Dave

IP Logged
POLTROJAN
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 01/14/5 at 14:30:41

Okay what is exactly the difference between
Performance rallly and Navigational Rally, in short terms.

I would like to get a rally license... but I don't have money .. but I can be a dedicated team member.  Although I am hearing impared I hope it doesn't have any effects on the rally physical testing, does it ? ... I hope not.

IP Logged
Jeff_Hagan

ON
Reply #6 - 01/14/5 at 16:11:56

POLTROJAN wrote on 01/14/5 at 14:30:41:
Okay what is exactly the difference between
Performance rallly and Navigational Rally, in short terms.

Navigational rallying is all on public roads, all under the speed limit; you get penalty points for being ahead or behind the schedule dictated by the instructions.  No special car prep is required for beginners (although winter tires are strongly recommended for some events).

Performance rallying is flat-out racing on closed roads in cars with full roll cages.  Drivers and co-drivers have to have helmets, driving suits and competition licences.

There's a good one-page document from the Motorsport Club of Ottawa web site that explains the difference in more detail: http://www.mco.org/download/rally/what_is_rallying.pdf

POLTROJAN wrote on 01/14/5 at 14:30:41:
I would like to get a rally license... but I don't have money .. but I can be a dedicated team member.  Although I am hearing impared I hope it doesn't have any effects on the rally physical testing, does it ? ... I hope not.

There are no competition licenses or medical requirements for navigational rallying.  All that's required is that the driver have a valid driver's licence.

For performance rallying, you need a competition licence.  To get your performance rally licence, you have to pass a medical exam.  You can find the requirements on the Canadian Association of Rally Sport web site at www.carsrally.ca (click on Documents ---> Forms ---> 2005 Medical Form Page 1 of 2).  Hearing impairment isn't listed as one of the conditions that can exclude you from a licence, but there are several others that are.

If you're curious about rallying, I'd suggest you come out to a meeting of your local rally club (the Maple Leaf Rally Club, for example) and introduce yourself.  All clubs welcome newcomers & visitors.  If you're not in Toronto, you can find a local club at http://www.rallysport.on.ca

Jeff Hagan
Asst. VP., Performance
RallySport Ontario
assistvpperformance-at-rallysport.on.ca

Edit: for clarity.

WWW   IP Logged
POLTROJAN
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 01/14/5 at 16:36:24