Left-field question (Read 2621 times)
JAY
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Ont.
Left-field question
01/22/5 at 20:36:24

I apologise for this coming out of nowhere, but I can't find the answer. What kind of seats would a WRC car in the mid-'70s have used? What did they look like?

Actually if anyone has any webites / books I can look into for info on rally in the '70s (there's TONS of info out there on the Group B era but next to nothing before that!) I'd really appreciate the reference.

BTW, I am WOSCA's rally director for 2005. I am looking into organising a novice/intermediate road rally in the spring. If anyone has some directions lying around from past rallies that I can use for ideas I'd love a copy.

- J

WWW   IP Logged
AlanO
YaBB Administrator

Re: Left-field question
Reply #1 - 01/22/5 at 21:54:06

Good question about the seats.  Might be able to get a solid answer on the SpecialStage Historic Rally forum.  I'm sure Doug Woods will be able to give you a very detailed response.

http://www.specialstage.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=227

Not many RSO-sanctioned rallies are run in your neck of the woods.  The Automapic rally is based in Woodstock, so you might want to ask its organizer (Mike Channon) if he has some instructions that you can use.  The Kitchener-Waterloo Rally Club is probably your best best for finding old routes in your area.  Links and email addresses available on the 2005 RSO calendar.

http://www.rallysport.on.ca/schedule05.html

WWW   IP Logged
Jeff_Hagan

ON
Reply #2 - 01/24/5 at 08:37:53

JAY wrote on 01/22/5 at 20:36:24:
Actually if anyone has any webites / books I can look into for info on rally in the '70s (there's TONS of info out there on the Group B era but next to nothing before that!) I'd really appreciate the reference.

I've got a big book (kind of a coffee table/picture book) titled "Rally".  It covers everything from the start of organized rally competition and has year-by-year championship summaries and pictures going back to the 60s.

You're welcome to borrow it, although distance might get in the way of that.  I'll dig up the book tonight and get you more info.  I can scan some pictures too, but I don't know how well they'd turn out.

Jeff

Edit: Looks like the book's in storage.  I'll try to dig it up over the next few days.

« Last Edit: 01/25/5 at 09:30:14 by Jeff_Hagan »  
WWW   IP Logged
JAY
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Ont.
Reply #3 - 02/04/5 at 17:48:11

This book sounds like something I'd want a copy of. Do you know the author offhand?

- J

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print