Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RSO Elections - VP Performance (Read 922 times)
Jeff_Hagan

ON
RSO Elections - VP Performance
02/22/5 at 00:16:48

To the Ontario rally community:

I have formally declared my candidacy for the position of Vice President, Performance for the 2005-2006 term.

Over the past year as Assistant Vice President, Performance, I have seen RSO’s strengths and have had the opportunity to develop ideas for measured ways to grow rallying in Ontario.

As outlined in my platform statement, I have planned a number of small changes that I hope will yield valuable results.  This, along with good day-to-day governance of rallying, will make our sport healthy and vibrant for years to come.

Please read over my platform statement below.  At any time, if you have any questions or comments, please contact me at jgahagan@alumni.uwaterloo.ca .

Sincerely,

Jeff Hagan

Summary of Qualifications

- Asst. VP, Performance, RSO 2004
- Co-organizer, 2004 Galway Cavendish Forest Rally
- Safety Officer, 2003 Georgian Trials Rally
- Performance rally co-driver since 2002
- Occasional performance rally marshal & road rally navigator
- Road racing track marshal since 2003

Key Policy Items

1) Promoting the OPRC

I believe that exposure of the series is one area where we can have a tremendous impact on the awareness and profile of the OPRC in the larger Ontario community.  To that end, I plan to introduce several new measures that will help to provide exposure for the series, competitors and sponsors while still maintaining the characteristics of the series:

- an OPRC area on the RSO web site with competitor bios, event information and series news

- press releases issued before and after every rally

2) Providing resources for competitors and workers

In addition to promoting the OPRC directly, I plan to compile information that competitors can use when approaching sponsors and post it on the RSO web site.  This information would include numbers of spectators at OPRC rallies and their demographics (where available) and media coverage specifics (number of stories, circulation, etc.).

I also plan to continue the courses already offered by RSO, such as first aid and ham radio, but would alternate their location each year so that all areas of the province are reached every two to three years.  Other courses would be offered every few years or as interest allows, such as schools for co-drivers, drivers and stewards.

3) Providing support to organizers

I will continue the work that RSO currently does with clubs and organizers to support their existing events, and communicate with organizers on an ongoing basis to find ways to improve the process.

4) Safety and Planning

Working with organizers, I will develop and implement a plan to collect and compile safety-related data at performance rallies (e.g. info on DNFs) in order to provide a sound basis for future safety-related rules for the OPRC or Canadian Rally Championship.

5) Communication with other racing groups

I plan to liaise and communicate with racing groups in other disciplines and regions in order to allow a free flow of information and share different approaches to common challenges, hopefully making rallying in Ontario better in the process.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print