Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MINUTES OF RSO MEETINGS (Read 999 times)
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

MINUTES OF RSO MEETINGS
03/13/5 at 07:27:53

As a candidate for the position of Secretary in the RSO election on March 26th, I wish to outline my thoughts on the taking and reporting of minutes of meetings, which is a primary function of the Secretary.

CONTENT

I believe that the minutes of meetings should provide a concise but complete report of all issues discussed.  The report should indicate any decisions made at the meeting,  actions required and persons responsible for actions as well as any important news to be distributed.  The minutes need not report on every detail of discussion leading up to a decision nor should they be a blow by blow description of who said what.

Before distribution a draft of the minutes should be vetted by the attendees of the meeting to assure complete and accurate reporting on the part of the Secretary. This has been the practice within RSO as well as the CARS Board.

TIMELINE

Minutes should be distributed to members of the organization within 72 hours of the meeting. This allows time for the vetting process but assures timely communication with the membership. Should there be any items of a more urgent nature,  they should be distributed to the concerned parties as soon as possible after the meeting.

DISTRIBUTION

The minutes should be widely distributed to the members.  This would include distribution by e mail to all interested parties by means of individual e mails and club distribution lists.  It would also include posting on the RSO website and RSO member club forums.

VOTING

We now have multiple candidates for at least two of the positions up for election and the potential of still others declaring their intent to run before the election.  Please take the time to familiarize yourself with the issues and candidates and please exercise your right to vote.  If you cannot attend the meeting,  you may assign your proxy to any RSO registered member of your choice.  It is acceptable to do this by e mail.  Your proxy should be worded as follows:

I, ________________, being a member in good standing of ______________, a club affiliated with RallySport Ontario, hereby appoint ___________________, to vote on my behalf at the RallySport Ontario AGM on March 26th, 2005 in Peterborough and any adjournment thereof.

I will be pleased to carry your proxy.  You may indicate your wishes on how to vote for any particular position.

Ross Wood   ross.wood@sympatico.ca

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print