Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RSO V.P. PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES (Read 960 times)
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

RSO V.P. PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
03/15/5 at 11:55:00

Two years ago I wrote a list of responsibilities of the RSO V.P. of Performance Rally, as the position had developed.  I thought it would be worthwhile to publish it for all RSO members to peruse as we approach an election. Duties are as follows:

- stand in for the RSO President in his/her absence

- attend all RSO meetings

- oversee and provide support for all OPRC Organizers – keep informed on all rules & procedures and in turn keep organizers informed of all RSO and CARS developments that affect them, including CARS Safety Guidelines

- keep in touch with OPRC competitors and represent them and their concerns at RSO meetings

- inform and support OPRC competitors

- appoint & oversee RSO Chief Scrutineers

- appoint and oversee all Stewards for all OPRC events including Nationals – all Stewards for Pines and one of the Stewards for OPRC events in Quebec

- arrange annual First Aid course

- maintain RSO worker group e mail list

- arrange HAM radio course (every one or two years) – ran in 2004 thanks to Rob Metcalfe & Roger Sanderson

- arrange Steward’s school (approx. every 3rd year – ran in 2004)

- arrange co-driver’s school (approx. 3-4 years – last ran in 2000, so we are overdue)

- arrange recce school for driver & co-driver – being worked on now for the first time with anticipated delivery this year

- assist in recruiting marshals and radio operators for events at Organizer’s request

- arrange driver’s school if RSO deems there is a market

- write annual report for RSO & CARS

- maintain RSO equipment and equipment trailer – purchase new equipment as required within budget

- work with RSO Treasurer to prepare OPRC portion of the annual budget

- advise RSO Treasurer of OPRC levies due

- issue RSO permits to OPRC events upon proof of insurance,  road permissions etc.

- oversee road damage fund – work with MNR and municipal contacts for each OPRC event  re road repairs

- assist with annual RSO Rally School

- arrange marshal training course – done 2004 thanks to initiative of Martin Loveridge & Rich Sullivan – RSO needs to develop further with a plan of future delivery

As you can see the responsibilities associated with this position are quite significant.  As a result in 2003 we created the official RSO Executive position of Assistant to the V.P. Performance.   Ryan Huber filled that position in 2003 and Jeff Hagan is currently my assistant for 2004.  I highly recommend that this position be continued.

I have informed the current candidates for V.P. of all the responsibilities listed above prior to this posting.

Ross Wood,  RSO V.P. Performance 2004

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print