HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
rally computor (Read 3637 times)
tony_kloosterman
YaBB Newbies

rally computor
04/01/5 at 19:52:31

Looking for the above, specifically with targa newfoundland in mind.
Suggestions?
Its been over 24 years since I last used a Halda, I think things have progressed a little since then.

Thanks

Tony

IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Re: rally computor
Reply #1 - 04/02/5 at 07:18:09

Tony, are you running in the Targa or Touring class? That makes a big difference, you don't need the sophistication if you're in Targa, but for touring you need a full-on TSD computer like an Alfa or Timewise if you want to be accurate.

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
tony_kloosterman
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - 04/03/5 at 20:10:30

I'll be running Targa

IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Reply #3 - 04/03/5 at 21:42:53

OK, so, in that case the basic things you need are an accurate odo that has an adjustable factor, and a stopwatch.  Any odo would do for that, with a separate stopwatch. Terratrip, Brantz, Alfa Pro, etc.

You could go more sophisticated with something like an Alfa Elite, which will give you either a countdown display to the end of the stage (so you just have to get there before the time runs out if you set it to the target times) or an early or late display (if you calculate the speed needed to cover the distance in the given time, then just keep it early all the time and you'll beat the target time), but this may be more than you need. An Alfa Elite is great for Touring, as you can use it to stay on time all the time and at the finish.

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
Anthony_T

Reply #4 - 04/05/5 at 22:20:04

I may be wrong but I seem to remember there being both a computer and non computer class within the larger Touring designation.

WWW   IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Reply #5 - 04/06/5 at 09:50:24

Yes, you are correct. I guess I'm biased, I wouldn't be big on navigating that kind of event with only a stopwatch and a calculator.

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print