Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BLACK BEAR CALL FOR WORKERS (Read 1829 times)
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

BLACK BEAR CALL FOR WORKERS
05/03/5 at 12:31:14

Maple Leaf Rally Club is pleased to present the Black Bear Rally on Saturday, June 18, 2005 in Dorset, Ontario.  Due to the initiatives of an eager new committee under Ryan Huber, for the first time in many years the Bear will be a full Regional event i.e. not just one road.  In addition to the traditional Sherbourne Lake stage, we will be running  stages on the Pine Springs and Ril Lake roads, giving a full 100 km. of competitive stages.  This is due to major road repairs having been done by the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and the support of RallySport Ontario in the project in order to have a full stand-alone Regional again in Ontario.

This means that we need your help on the day of the event.  Lots of ham radio operators, timing marshals,  traffic control marshals and crowd control marshals will be required.

Another new feature for this year is the provision of stage notes by the organizers with competitors getting one pass of every stage early Saturday morning to familiarize themselves with the notes.  A few workers will be required to assist with that.  The bulk of the workers will be needed by 9 A.M. on Saturday.

So please mark June 18th on your calendar and respond to ross.wood@sympatico.ca  to confirm your attendance.

Note – we also need volunteers for a Road Work Day on Saturday, May 28th.

Ross Wood,  2005 Black Bear Chief Control Marshal

IP Logged
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

BLACK BEAR SECOND CALL FOR WORKERS
Reply #1 - 05/18/5 at 22:12:56

Thanks to those of you who already responded to the first call for workers for the Black Bear Rally, which will run on Saturday, June 18, 2005.  We now have enough marshals and HAM radio operators for ONE stage team ,  but this year with the expansion to a full regional event,  we need THREE teams.  So please put your name forward to come out and help.  Also ask your husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend or grandmother.

No experience required.  We will train you.

The rally will run in the Dorset area – about 2.5 hours north of Toronto.  You can come up,  help out and return on the day of the event or stay overnight,  whichever you prefer.

We also have a Work Day scheduled for Saturday, May 28th.  That day we will be smoothing out some rough spots, filling in a few potholes etc.

So please mark those dates on your calendar and respond to ross.wood@sympatico.ca  to confirm your attendance.

___ Yes I can help on June 18th at the rally

___ Yes I can help on the Work Day on May 28th

IP Logged
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: BLACK BEAR THIRD CALL FOR WORKERS
Reply #2 - 06/05/5 at 10:07:26

Thanks to those of you who already responded to the first two calls for workers for the Black Bear Rally, which will run on Saturday, June 18, 2005.  By combining two stages,  reducing our requirements for Start/Finish marshals and through new volunteers coming forward in the last ten days,  we are getting close to having enough help, but still need more Traffic Control, Crowd Control and Radio Marshals.

If you can assist or know of anyone else who might be able to,  please get back to me ASAP.  

No experience required.  We will train you.

The rally will run in the Dorset area – about 2.5 hours north of Toronto.  You can come up,  help out and return on the day of the event or stay overnight,  whichever you prefer.

This week a grader spent two full days on the roads,  resulting in the new stages being  in  great condition.  The competitors will love them.

ross.wood@sympatico.ca  

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print