Nuwan
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Ontario
1st aid course
09/26/5 at 20:23:00

Hello all,

I need to get that required 1st aid course out of the way, just wondering if this one looks like it will meet the requirements for applying for the competition license? (just want to be sure)

http://www.sja-mississauga.ca/courses/2005%20Calendar%20-%20FEH.htm

Thanks

Nuwan D
1992 Legacy Turbo
"understeer is when the driver is scared, oversteer is when the passengers are scared"
  IP Logged
AlanO
YaBB Administrator

Re: 1st aid course
Reply #1 - 09/26/5 at 20:36:39

That course should be fine, but you might want to check with CARS for an official answer.  The curriculum looks fairly standard and is very similar to other courses I have done.

If you do a course with other rally people, it might be  worthwhile to ask the instructor to cover head and spinal injuries, since they are more common in rallying than fainting and choking.

WWW   IP Logged
Jeff_Hagan

ON
Reply #2 - 09/27/5 at 08:05:50

See NRR I.A.8, which reads, in part:

Quote:
A minimum of a St. John Ambulance or equivalent "Emergency First Aid" certificate is required for all CARS licenced competitors and/or those holding FIA licences issued by ASN Canada FIA, with the following exceptions...

The course you've linked to is the exact one referenced in the NRRs, so it would satisfy licencing requirements.

Please note that this is the bare minimum required.  As Alan mentioned, there is additional training that would be valuable to have.

BTW - If you don't need your licence for Tall Pines, you might also consider taking the RSO First Aid course.  It will be offered in early 2006 (location TBA) in time for Perce Neige; it satisfies the Emergency First Aid requirements and has additional modules to cover more "rally-related" injuries than the normal Emergency First Aid course.

Regards,

Jeff Hagan
VP - Performance
RallySport Ontario

WWW   IP Logged
Nuwan
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Ontario
Reply #3 - 09/27/5 at 19:51:59

Thanks for the confirmation, I had planned to take the past RSO course but sadly had scheduling conflicts.

I'll talk to the instructor and see if I can get some more rally oriented training for my co-driver and myself

Thanks again

Nuwan D
1992 Legacy Turbo
"understeer is when the driver is scared, oversteer is when the passengers are scared"
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print