HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Class for car (Read 3074 times)
fotc05srt
YaBB Newbies

Class for car
11/02/5 at 07:39:26

I am planning on getting into performance rallying in the future (after gaining experience), and was just wondering what class the car I want to use will be in.  I have a 2005 Dodge SRT-4 that I want to prep for rallying.  From what I gathered from the regs on the CARS Rally site it looks like P4 is the only option, as Group 2 doesn't allow forced induction.  Is this correct?  Thanks in advance for any assistance.  See you in Bancroft.

IP Logged
John_Vanos
YaBB Moderator

Re: Class for car
Reply #1 - 11/02/5 at 11:02:16

That is correct for now.  Hopefully the rule change that will add Group 5 will go through.  Group 5 is a class that will allow largerdisplacement or forced induction 2wd rallycars a place to play away from the evils of 4wd  Wink

2006 OPRC Driver Champion
2012/2013 OPRC Codriver Champion

MLRC Vice President
  IP Logged
fotc05srt
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - 11/02/5 at 12:10:44

Thanks.

IP Logged
fotc05srt
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - 11/03/5 at 07:12:14

John_Vanos wrote on 11/02/5 at 11:02:16:
That is correct for now.  Hopefully the rule change that will add Group 5 will go through.  Group 5 is a class that will allow largerdisplacement or forced induction 2wd rallycars a place to play away from the evils of 4wd  Wink

Any idea when this change will take place, if it even does.  Is it being considered for next season?  I'm just curious.  It sounds like it would be an entertaining class. Grin

IP Logged
AlanO
YaBB Administrator

Reply #4 - 11/03/5 at 19:33:05

The creation of a national Group 5 class has been proposed for 2006.  See article 13 in the following document:

http://www.mlrc.ca/cars/2005_rule_change_proposals_english.pdf

Sometimes a rule change doesn't take effect until a full calendar year has elapsed since the proposal (i.e. a rule change accepted in late 2005 may not kick in until 2007), but normally the rule is adopted immediately.

Group 5 has already been accepted in the Ontario and western regional championships, so I think it will be adopted at the national level as well.

WWW   IP Logged
fotc05srt
YaBB Newbies

Reply #5 - 11/04/5 at 21:53:06

Thanks again.  I appreciate the reply.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print