Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Tall Pines photos (Read 16826 times)
Wedge1

Ontario
Re: Tall Pines photos
Reply #30 - 12/02/5 at 20:36:25

Ferdinand wrote on 12/02/5 at 11:00:31:
Don't be putting yourselves down.  You guys are heroes!

Putting ourselves down?  Never!  We're the best!  We could beat anybody, anyday!  Boo-Ya!   Tongue

It's just our car that's a POS.  It's record so far: 3 rallies, 3 crippling mechanical failures.  But amazingly only 1 dnf.
All other competitors will rue the day which we can afford a car capable of finishing a rally in one piece!  Muh-wuh-ha-ha!    Shocked

Right now, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you face him, he will beat you.
  IP Logged
miskis
YaBB Newbies

Newbie Co-driver
looking for
expereience

Reply #31 - 12/05/5 at 08:44:59

This year was my first year ever watching a live rally race, I have watched many on tv but never live.  I was more inspiried by the guys doing it with the low budget cars, that dont drive by at 100km/h+ cause that inspires me.  I would love to get a low budget car and get it ready to rally, but I need to get some more seat time.  I would love to do the Pines next year, but we will have to see if I can make it.  I am planning on doing some Nav-ex's and drive-ex's to get experience and practice, I am also doing ice racing this winter to learn some car control.  But to get back to my original train of thought, you guys with the low budget cars are my inspiration.  Everyone did an awsome job!!

Co-driver looking for a ride for next year
Anyone interested?
  IP Logged
Jeannie VE3JNE

Lanark Highlands
Reply #32 - 12/06/5 at 15:58:36

Wedge, a huge congrats to you and your co-driver for third in P2 at the Pines! Even though your car wasn't exactly cooperating for you, you got to live the experience and that's worth a LOT! Well done, guys!  Grin

Jeannie
co-driver, #34 (that DNF'd in P2  Sad)

IP Logged
Wedge1

Ontario
Reply #33 - 12/06/5 at 21:10:11

miskis wrote on 12/05/5 at 08:44:59:
I am planning on doing some Nav-ex's and drive-ex's to get experience and practice, I am also doing ice racing this winter to learn some car control.  But to get back to my original train of thought, you guys with the low budget cars are my inspiration.  Everyone did an awsome job!!

I'm glad we could be inspirational.  It wasn't very long ago, that we were the spectators cheering the cars along, wishing we could be part of that someday.  Now at our first Pines, we're not just doing it, but we're actually being cheered on.  I couldn't hear it, but I'm told we got some big cheers at Castledine's Corner.
That's a success story if I've ever heard one.

If you want to learn car control, then ice racing is a great way.  I did several of those events last year.  Lots of fun too Grin

Right now, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you face him, he will beat you.
  IP Logged
Jaak
YaBB Newbies

Reply #34 - 12/09/5 at 11:30:07

I spectated then worked TP for years.  Driving Iron Bridge DURING the event with numbers on the doors (#34), helmets etc. and then realizing those spectators were looking at us was wonderful.  I keep being surprised that I'm looking out of the car after looking in for so long.  Any pix would be appreciated as they would help confirm that we were really not in a dream   Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print