Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tall Pines Congratulations (Read 2136 times)
Doug_Woods
YaBB Newbies

Quebec
Tall Pines Congratulations
12/01/5 at 13:18:51

For the past three years, I have worked at the Tall Pines as a Steward.  I have had the opportunity to see some of the incredibly detailed work that goes into the organization of this event.

The organizers of the rally and all members of the MLRC should be extremely proud of what has been achieved with the Tall Pines.

In almost every facet of the rally organization, the Tall Pines continues to set the standard for all other events in the Canadian Rally Championship.

Congratulations to everyone involved.

Doug Woods

IP Logged
C. Hamm

Will rally for free.

Re: Tall Pines Congratulations
Reply #1 - 12/02/5 at 00:06:49

A friend of mine that works rallies, road and stage, but never worked Pines before called me last night and told me how totally amazed he was at the level of organisation and knowledge.  He said he'll be back next year for sure.  He was totally blown away by it.  Well done to Rich, Donna, Ross, and the army of volunteers.  I'll be back next year, too.  And this year was 'classic' for weather. Totally brilliant.

VA3KRT
  IP Logged
Wedge1

Ontario
Re: Tall Pines Congratulations
Reply #2 - 12/02/5 at 08:48:05

I'd like to thank the organisers as well.
This was my first Tall Pines as a competitor, and it sure was a memorable one.  I'll never forget it.  
They even managed to organise the perfect weather, well done!

Right now, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you face him, he will beat you.
  IP Logged
GeeJay
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

More Tall Pines Congratulations
Reply #3 - 12/07/5 at 00:20:23

We sent this message to Richard at the Tall Pines Website at the conclusion of the competition, but thought we should post it here.

"Pass on our congratulations to JB
(but he is too darn old for this stuff)

A great job by MLRC, makes us proud of what we started.

Watched the results stage by stage (so many familiar stage names!) and found it quite entertaining.

We are in AZ  with our RV and will be out on the Rally USA Dec 9 -11 for some nostalgic fun.

Our best to all the old & new MLRC members". Wink

Gord & Linda McCallum

BTW:  

Will someone please tell Terry Epp and CARS that it is the "The RALLY of the TALL PINES" and  NOT the "Tall Pines Rally"  The "TPR" name was the choice of the City of Brampton, the first year sponsor.  

When the rally was moved to Orillia for the second and successive years, we changed it to "RTP" and, to our knowledge, and judging by the event publicity material,  the name remains the same.  

Seems only TE & CARS can't get it right!  Angry

There are many bold rally drivers and there are many old rally drivers.

But there are very few old, bold rally drivers!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print