Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
OWR rookie navigators available (Read 1738 times)
nhibbert

OWR rookie navigators available
01/12/6 at 16:46:48

I have a list of at least four people who have expressed interest in participating in a winter drivex event, but who don't have any experience in such events (all members of the Toronto Subaru Club). I recommended to them that they navigate for an experienced driver for the first year and then if they like it they can enter their own car next year. Unfortunately I can only take one of them. If anyone is looking for a navigator for the OWR (or a last minute replacement for the SWR) please let me know.

Think of it as a mentoring outreach program.  Grin

Norman
VE3HWL
  IP Logged
Maxpie
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: OWR rookie navigators available
Reply #1 - 01/29/6 at 14:12:49

NHibbert wrote:

OWR rookie navigators available
« on: Jan 12th, 2006, 4:46pm »  Quote  Modify  

Hi,

I am a relative newcomer to road rally but have done two rally's so far.  We completed the Presidents Cup - dead last but still we finished.  We also competed in the January 7th event and did a fair bit better.  My regular navigator can't make it for the Feb. 18/19 OWR and I am desperately seeking a navigator for this one.  I have been running in Solo2 for the past two summers as well.  I drive a Subaru WRX.  If I am not too too much of a novice myself I'd appreciate the help.

I'd be very grateful if you would pass along my email address to anyone who is interested in the navigator role for this event.  My email address is:

maxine.petersen.lee@rogers.com

Thanks,
Maxine

IP Logged
nhibbert

Re: OWR rookie navigators available
Reply #2 - 01/29/6 at 23:30:50

I'll let people know, but you may want to try to find a navigator that has experience at the OWR or other winter event. Two rookies in a car can be harrowing on these events.

Norman
VE3HWL
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print