Send Topic Print
Piaa Lamps (Read 2575 times)
yippeee
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Piaa Lamps
02/11/6 at 15:46:44

This is our first year trying TSD rally's. We wanted to add driving lamps to our car (2003 Pontiac Vibe GT) as they are mostly at night.

We were looking at the Piaa 2100 XT white driving lamps or other Piaa products. Does any one have any feedback or other brand suggestions?

Also we are having a hard time locating somewhere (GTA) to purchase them for a fair price. Any recommendations?

WWW   IP Logged
dtompsett

Ontario
Re: Piaa Lamps
Reply #1 - 02/11/6 at 22:31:59

Having never used the smaller Piaa stuff, I can't say good or bad.... but personal experience show that small stuff like that just doesn't have the power to light up the road like you want.

If you want a good set of lights, Hella makes some really good stuff, in a wide range of lense patterns and sizes.  I have run the Hella 500 fog's on a TSD car, and they are great(in conjunction with some driving lights... the fogs are all down low light, great for cornering lights).  I know many guys use the 500 driving lights, and say they are great.  Some are also using the FF series lights from hella, and say they are great.

IP Logged
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 02/11/6 at 23:07:29

For a reasonably priced light with excellent coverage,  I highly recommend Hella 1000's.  HSL RallySport sells them locally (a rally guy) - Paul  paul@hslrallysport.ca

IP Logged
mart242
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - 02/12/6 at 14:05:16

rosswood wrote on 02/11/6 at 23:07:29:
For a reasonably priced light with excellent coverage,  I highly recommend Hella 1000's.  HSL RallySport sells them locally (a rally guy) - Paul  paul@hslrallysport.ca

Another vote for the Hella  FF1000.  For the price, they are hard to beat.  Put 2 FF1000 driving lights and 2 hella 500 fogs and you've got an awesome set-up.   Here's what it looked like at Lanark:
http://www.youtube.com/w/Lanark-TSD-Rally?v=NfEx5lzw2Kk

It's hard to see but believe me, that set-up was great for TSDs.  More light wouldn't make a difference.  THat's what we'll use at the OWR in case you want to see it (silver subaru wrx 2006).

IP Logged
yippeee
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 02/12/6 at 22:45:15

Thanks guys!

This information was really helpful!

great video's and site with lots of rally video's!

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print