Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
OWR NEWS Feb. 16 06 Part Two (Read 951 times)
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

OWR NEWS Feb. 16 06 Part Two
02/16/6 at 12:02:48

MID-RALLY BREAKS

There is one mid-rally food break at the Pine Star Restaurant at the end of Leg A (same location as the gas stop ).  They are preparing a rally special,  which will consist of soup,  sandwich and drink for $7.50 (tax included – but not the tip).  Again you will speed up the process by having the correct change.  They are aware of your time constraints.  On the second time in at the end of Leg B you can get drinks and snacks at the gas station.  There are also washrooms there.

SNOW SPEEDS

In the instructions two sets of speeds are provided – the regular speeds and “snow” speeds.  You will be told at the Start which speeds we are running on. Please understand that this is a winter event and the regular speeds are set anticipating snowy roads, some ice etc. i.e. normal winter conditions.  The slower speeds will only be  put in effect in the case of extreme conditions.

MINI RALLY SCHOOL

Robert Roaldi will conduct a mini rally school for anyone with questions about the event,  timing etc at 7:30 PM.

NUTSY-BOLTSIES

Normally we issue a package with lots of details re the running of the event – kind of a competitor’s manual.  Most of you have received that booklet several times.  In the interest of paper conservation, I am going to send it to you later today by e mail.  There is a lot of important information in there that we expect you to know.  Please read it carefully.

COMING PREPARED

Please heed the warning in the Supp. Regs.  Read it again now. You will be in very remote areas.  Come prepared.  Also – check things like spare tires for air and jacks.  It was very unfair last year for a couple of the event workers to spend hours assisting a team that did not even bring a spare tire.

EMERGENCY

In case of emergency here are some numbers that might be helpful –

Wood’s Gas Bar, Coe Hill – 613-337-8754

M & M  ESSO, Bancroft – 613-332-5474

Bancroft O.P.P.  613-332-2112

Ross Wood (cell phone) – 647-224-1492 (coverage spotty in the rally area)

See you Saturday.

Ross Wood, OWR Coordinator

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print