Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Thomson Motorsports debuts at Corona Rally Mexico (Read 1749 times)
Richard H

Thomson Motorsports debuts at Corona Rally Mexico
03/07/6 at 00:24:10

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Thomson Motorsports debuts at Corona Rally Mexico with strong performance amongst world's top competitors

LEON, MEXICO (March 06, 2006) - Current Canadian Rally Champions driver Peter Thomson and co-driver Rod Hendricksen made their debut at the Corona Rally Mexico - the third round of the World Rally Championship - this past weekend piloting their Four Star Motorsports prepared 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX to an impressive 9th place in the Group N class and a very respectable 20th place overall. A furious battle for the overall win between Sebastien Loeb and Petter Solberg resulted in Loeb snatching the victory from Solberg after Solberg experienced power steering problems on the penultimate stage of the rally.

The Corona Rally Mexico ran from March 3rd to March 5th and was based in the beautiful city of Leon. 2006 marks the third year that the Corona Rally Mexico has been a stop in the World Rally Championship. Intense competition, high-altitudes, boiling temperatures and grueling road conditions are the reasons why many top teams consider this rally to be the second toughest event in the championship. The roads were very demanding on the car, tires and crew. Extreme altitude changes mixed with the wildly changing character of each twisty, tire chewing stage meant that a clean drive would be paramount for the crew.

Read More at: http://www.fourstarmotorsports.com/CatalogData/2006_Post_Rally_Mexico_249.htm

IP Logged
Nikola

Geeksters Rallying

Re: Thomson Motorsports debuts at Corona Rally Mex
Reply #1 - 03/07/6 at 18:30:36

Frick. I didn't realize there'd be spoilers on the overall lead in here! In the first two lines no less... Undecided

I'll read the rest after I see day 3 of Mexico.... but congrats on a good overall placement! Must have been fun, too! Smiley

If you understand what you are doing, you aren't learning anything!
WWW 18975513   IP Logged
ktibi79

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Thomson Motorsports debuts at Corona Rally Mex
Reply #2 - 03/08/6 at 18:59:34

Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print