HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Clock for TSD rallies (Read 2741 times)
Derek Vincent
YaBB Moderator

Clock for TSD rallies
04/12/6 at 15:20:42

Hello all, I am look for a little advice on a decent clock to use for TSD rallies... I am on not look for a computer but just a dash clock...

I have tried 2 from radio shack but neither seem to take the abuse in the car very well... Just wonder what others are using and were you get them...

Cheers,

Derek

WWW   IP Logged
Nikola

Geeksters Rallying

Re: Clock for TSD rallies
Reply #1 - 04/13/6 at 01:03:27

We use PalmPilot (you can get old ones for $30 or so these days), and RallyCalc. It's not quite a $900 rally computer, but for 1/30th of the price, it eases the pain on the navigator significantly and can do most timing calculations. Otherwise, a combo of a cheap digital wristwatch and car's clock.

- Mind you, I abuse my car on the outside during the rallies... I find that if the driver and navigator can resolve their differences amicably, without throwing clocks etc at each other, things tend to last quite a long time on the inside of the car...   Tongue Grin

If you understand what you are doing, you aren't learning anything!
WWW 18975513   IP Logged
nhibbert

Reply #2 - 04/13/6 at 07:56:40

I've got a $10 digital stopwatch that Velcro’s to my dash.

As a back up I use my GPS which I find is always within a second or so of the "satellite" clocks the organizers usually use, but on my cheap GPS I have to flip between screens to see the seconds.

Norman
VE3HWL
  IP Logged
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 04/13/6 at 21:26:22

Don't know why any modern clocks wouldn't take the abuse very well. The RallySport Ontario clocks go out in all kinds of weather and I'm sure they aren't always treated gently,  but never seem to fail.

If possible,  try to get an "atomic" clock and one that will display 24 hour time.  You should not have to pay more than $40 for one and if you watch for bargains,  you can often get them for much less than that.

IP Logged
C. Hamm

Will rally for free.

Reply #4 - 05/02/6 at 22:57:12

I've got a Radio Shack dual independent timer, and it's always bouncing around somewhere in the car, for years. Works great, big numbers, only wish it had illumination. Ross' idea for the 'atomic' clock is great.  Just don't get too many of them together, you may get a critical mass and blow up the world or something.  Wink

VA3KRT
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print