Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
P4 Talon For Sale (long - pics) (Read 7032 times)
robin

5 right - sh*t, I
mean 3 right ...
over crest!

P4 Talon For Sale (long - pics)
05/08/6 at 08:33:53

Between co-driving, running a business, playing with my kids, staying married, blah blah, I haven't been able to find the time to run my car - so it's for sale.  It's fast, safe, easy to drive and cheap.

1991 Eagle Talon Turbo AWD P4 Rally Car

see:
http://www.flatovercrest.com/archives/2005/07/wong_edges_thom.html

for action pic.

CARS logbook

Excellent CARS-approved cage by CAMO Tuning, attached directly to a-pillars & b-pillars, extends from rear towers thru firewall to front strut towers, many attachment points to shell, incl. floor and tunnel, sill bar construction, one roof bar, diagonals in stays.

1/4" 6061-T6 alum skid plate with inset mounts
UHMW under-body protection throughout
Cobra Imola II seats
Sabelt 6pt harnesses
Sparco Rally wheel
Terraphone clubman 12volt intercom
TWO AM Quantum odo (digital or analog pickup, dual LED displays, clock, 'real' keypad, auto-calibrate)
Alum footplate for co-driver
Autometer gauges: boost, air-fuel, EGT, oil press. water temp
first aid kit
triangles
extinguisher
tow strap
tool box
helmet net
proper tow hooks

2.0L, with 14B turbo on 32mm restrictor
Hallman valve for boost control
Super AFC piggy-back computer

Libra Racing custom Bilstein 50mm Group A height adjustable coilovers with gravel and ice springs - work very well, very durable

UHMW door cards
windows converted to manual winders
outside quick release for hatch

5 x 15" OZ Racing WRC forged alum rims (ex Richard Tuthill), painted black, need refinishing (I started bead-blasting them but didn't get too far)
8 x 15" Toyota OEM alum rims painted white (as in photos)
4 x 15"x 5" alum rims (RX7) with Michelin c5s

Lots of Spares:

tranny
x-fer case
starter
alternator
front ctrl arms
new water pump
rear bumper cover
14B turbo
head
rad - needs recore
belts
MegaSquirt&Spark standalone ECU - not installed
various and sundry pieces

Tires:

a bunch - in various states of wear - enough to run a season or more depending on the driver

15" Michelin gravel
15" Yoko gravel
4 x 15"  Michelin C5

Car located in Orillia

$6000 CDN as-is where-is no dicker sticker.

Pretty tough to get a ready-to-rally turbo AWD rally car for that kind of money.

Robin Fleguel
705 326 0274
rally at everestgeodetics dot com

« Last Edit: 06/13/6 at 20:24:52 by robin »  
  IP Logged
robin

5 right - sh*t, I
mean 3 right ...
over crest!

pics of cage detail
Reply #1 - 05/09/6 at 10:47:20

For those that asked - more detailed pics of cage:

Robin

IP Logged
dtompsett

Ontario
Re: P4 Talon For Sale (long - pics)
Reply #2 - 05/11/6 at 10:49:10

Robin,

You've got mail.

IP Logged
robin

5 right - sh*t, I
mean 3 right ...
over crest!

Reply #3 - 06/02/6 at 15:21:18

Whoops, correction on the belt dates:

the dates on the belts are April 2002 - so they expire April 2007

just updated the First Aid kit to the new spec.

I'll likely run the car at Black Bear unless someone buys it before then...Grin

Robin

« Last Edit: 06/05/6 at 08:04:51 by robin »  
  IP Logged
robin

5 right - sh*t, I
mean 3 right ...
over crest!

A novel, in which I answer questions
Reply #4 - 07/04/6 at 09:41:00

Bumptiy bump to answer some questions I've gotten and provide a link to a whole whack of new pics:

1.  Is the floor rusty / Does the car have any rust?

No. / Yes.  See the additional pics in the link below.  The only rust on the car consists of a small rust hole on the PS rocker face and a rust hole at the back end of the rocker where it meets the rear DS wheel well.

2. Why did you not finish two successive Black Bear rallies?

2005: Despite what everybody seems to think with the lake being so close to where we stopped - it was a very soft 'off' - I simply drove too fast - saw some spectators that I thought were standing on the road (it was actually the driveway to a cottage) and slipped off the outside of a 4R - couldn't get out again.  Everybody's done it - I acknowledge here in public that I do it a lot.  That' s actually why I rally - to go off the road cause it's so much fun.  I think they may have even named the corner after me - now I'm immortal!  How is that not worth it?

2006: I hit a human-head-sized rock that I'm pretty sure Martin dug up with that fancy car of his.  It hit the skid plate pretty hard (see how I avoided hitting it with the wheel?) and cracked the rad.  The engine temp never moved (it was toward the end of the stage) - I only realized we had a problem when all the coolant ran out of the car while I stood and watched it at the turn-around.  I was the one scratching his head and swearing.

3.  The suspension may have been good for you, but I'm pretty fast - will it need to be rebuilt for me?

......I have no idea.  It doesn't need to be rebuilt for me.  It ran Sherbourne Lake and a good part of the new section - which can be pretty rough stages and are fairly technical - w/o a hiccup.  Durable, handles very well.   With apologies to Peter, I felt more comfortable with it than I did with the Hot Bits (lots of variables there - but hey.)  Again, see pics.

4.  What's your best price?

For those not familiar with the term 'no-dicker' - it's not a gender-specific slight or insult Kiss.  It simply means 'firm'.  The price is $6000 firm.  Silly me, I priced it cheap - to get it out the door to someone who will run it, rather than look at it for long periods of time and work on it occasionally as I did.  It's a P4-legal turbo AWD car, with good suspension, ready-to-rally, comes with some spare parts and some used tires.    tick tick tick...

5.  What modifications have been done to the engine?

None.  It is stock.  It has a piggy-back computer that doesn't do anything - i.e. it intercepts the sensor readings - adds no additional fuel and carries on to the ECU.  I also have a MegaSquirt that has never been installed.

6.  Have you had any problems with the car?

Yes.  

When I first got it, the exhaust manifold-to-turbo studs backed out during testing.  They've been replaced with new factory pieces and gasket, re-torqued to factory spec and haven't had a problem since.

The shift linkage came apart at the gearbox during testing.  Fixed, no problem since

It leaks a small amount of tranny oil.  Every once in a while I have to add gear oil to both the tranny and the transfer case.  I have spares of both.  It's never been an issue aside from having to clean up my garage floor from time-to-time and wretching at the smell of the stuff.  Have you ever smelt it?  Gross.

When I got it, it had a clogged PCV valve.  During a high-speed test section, the dipstick backed out of the hole and oil messed up the engine bay.  I replaced the PCV valve, cleaned it up and haven't had a problem since.

Shortly after I got it - it stopped running.  Detailed diagnosis (try swapping that thingy...) revealed that the capacitors in the ECU had made a smelly disgusting mess of the board.  New ECU from wrecking yard - Andrew Miller replaced all the caps as a preventative measure.  No problem since.

When I first got it, it had a paint job that looked like Starsky & Hutch were involved in some undercover rally-racing sting operation (nice paint job BTW Warren(out west) - if you're reading this...).  So Andrew Miller painted it to look like the gas tank of a custom chopper (someone told him he looked like that British guy on 'Build or Bust' so he started watching it religiously and they had a couple segments on flame jobs? - next thing you know, I've 'stolen' some Ford blue paint from Martin's stash and my car's a flamer) - to make a long story long.

Link to additional pics:
http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g75/rallyrobin/

THE END

Robin

P.S. another question that was asked:
How many tires do you have and what condition are they in?

I have 15 Yokohama, 4 are very worn.  The rest are medium worn.

I have 11 Michelins - some FBs and some ZL/ZRs.  The treads are pretty good, three of them have bead damage from de-mounting.

I have 4 Mich c5s mounted on RX7 rims.  Medium worn.

see pics in link above

IP Logged
robin

5 right - sh*t, I
mean 3 right ...
over crest!

Reply #5 - 10/02/6 at 08:23:27

TTT

IP Logged
rallybob
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

ont.
Reply #6 - 10/30/6 at 20:05:44

Is this car still for sale?
Has price changed after last few rallies, based on your entries from earlier excursions?

Thanks,
Bob

IP Logged
robin

5 right - sh*t, I
mean 3 right ...
over crest!

Reply #7 - 11/02/6 at 07:12:22

Car still for sale.

The excursions are business as usual for rallying - and apart from the rad - resulted in zero damage (have a brand new rad)

The price is $6000 - not easy to find a turbo AWD car ready to rally for less...

Robin

IP Logged
ktibi79

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - 11/02/6 at 22:05:35

Robin! Check the mailbox! Smiley

IP Logged
robin

5 right - sh*t, I
mean 3 right ...
over crest!

SOLD
Reply #9 - 11/16/6 at 12:22:10

Sold and headed out west.

Robin

IP Logged
dtompsett

Ontario
Reply #10 - 11/17/6 at 19:20:13

Nice... good to hear.  Kept debating with myself for the past few months... better off building the shop first, then buying a rally car.

Robin, I'm assuming the Megasquirt setup went with the car?  If it didn't, or if they aren't really interested in it, let me know.  I've been wanting to play around with a MS setup, but I'm not convinced it'll do everything I want without a bunch of hassle, so I keep saving for the more expensive alternatives.  And if I can't use it, I may know someone who can.

IP Logged
robin

5 right - sh*t, I
mean 3 right ...
over crest!

Reply #11 - 11/18/6 at 11:16:25

Yeah, the MS went - so did everything, including the tires some people have asked about.  

The car is going to a competitor returning to the sport after an absence of 20+ years.  It's going to be cool seeing it run at Rocky.  Grin

Robin

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print