Send Topic Print
FIRST AID TIP (Read 1603 times)
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

FIRST AID TIP
05/18/6 at 08:47:11

On Saturday I attended the RallySport Ontario First Aid course to renew my First Aid and found it well worthwhile.  The instructor, Jan Gibson,  is particularly good as she clearly practices what she preaches.  In addition,  being a HAM operator (VE3ZYL) who has actually worked at the Tall Pines on several occasions,  she understands our situation and could focus on what really fits our needs.

Jan gave a tip that prompted me into immediate action following the course - it is becoming increasingly important to wear protective gloves whenever you administer First-Aid and are likely to come in contact with body fluids.  Not only should you have multiple pairs of gloves in your First-Aid kit,  but should have them readily available in your car(s) on on your person.  In a (rally) emergency,  the most urgent thing you are likely yo have to do is stop bleeding and you want to have your gloves with you when you first approach the casualty.

Recently I purchased a box of 100 medical quality nitrile gloves on sale at Princess Auto for under $20.  I'm sure they are available at a reasonable price elsewhere as well.

Again I highly recommend renewing your First Aid in future through the RSO course.

IP Logged
jfitz
YaBB Newbies

Re: FIRST AID TIP
Reply #1 - 05/19/6 at 06:39:22

Ross, thanks for posting that.  It is something that I truly believe in.  You never know what you may encounter in a rally or daily life.  Did you guys have to do CPR with that as well or just first-aid?  I'm a paramedic and I wish the public was more educated on the hazards of helping out.  Not that one shouldn't, but one should take the necessary precautions to avoid risk.

Justin
  IP Logged
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: FIRST AID TIP
Reply #2 - 05/19/6 at 07:42:35

CPR was included; in fact a lot of time was spent on CPR and rescue breathing for adult, child and infant.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print