Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New and looking to get my hands dirty (Read 2656 times)
Barry_G
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

New and looking to get my hands dirty
07/10/6 at 08:57:59

Hi folks,

I'm relatively new here to Ontario (living in Peterborough) and was quite pleasantly surprised at how active you guys are with rallying, and how close I seem to be to most of the action. I'd really like to get involved with an aim to driving.

I'm not under the illusion that I'm about to strap myself into a rally prepped Impreza and launch myself at the horizon just yet though!

I haven't a clue where to get started, but I figure that volunteering at an event and meeting some of you folks would be the best way to get my head around things, any advice or help required?

IP Logged
James Drake
YaBB Administrator

Ontario
Re: New and looking to get my hands dirty
Reply #1 - 07/10/6 at 09:12:45

Hi Barry_G

The best place to start driving is the Rallycross Series with is up in Bancroft, (not to far north from you), you can find all the information at: www.mlrc.ca/rallycross or at any of the nav-x or drive-x events, of which you will see posted on this message board. Also the RSO email list is a great resource for information as well, I cant remember how I signed up Smiley so some one will have to post on how to do this.

If you would like to start volunteering at events, Ross Wood has an email list that he sends out information to when people are needed.

You are more than welcome to come out and play at the Rallycrosses, it is always nice to have new people join the sport.

James

James Drake

MLRC Membership Chairman
MLRC Rallycross Coordinator
  IP Logged
gully

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 07/10/6 at 11:24:48

Barry

Best place to start as you are located in Pbo. would be to come out to a Peterborough Motor Sports Club meeting. Just so happens we have one tomorrow night July 11. This will be at Souvlaki Pit. George & Rink
Meeting gets underway at 7:30pm but most get there earlier and have a meal

PMSC are also hosts for the Next Performance event [OPRC] in Ontario Aug 19th. Checkout our web site www.pmsc.on.ca click on GCFR

Pete G
  IP Logged
Barry_G
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 07/11/6 at 06:58:59

Thanks Gully, a souvlaki sounds good to me. I'll swing by tonight, thanks.

IP Logged
CrazyLeo

Godspeed

planet Earth
Reply #4 - 07/16/6 at 18:42:42

I live in Peterborough and although I don't have any performance rally experience, I could show you around and tell what places to go to, depending on your needs/wants.

leonid[AT]mchost.ru

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print