Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ACP and the Canadian contingent X-Games bound (Read 4281 times)
big_Ian

euro trash racing

ACP and the Canadian contingent X-Games bound
07/25/6 at 09:04:01

I had the Pleasure of witnessing ACP and his crack team secure a position for the x-games this last weekend at the Maine forest rally.
Having never crewed before I now appreciate the dedication and sacrifice crew members do to secure the fun and glory of drivers and co-drivers.

hats off to Frank, Dove,young Doug,Rob,Simone and Isaac

And I tell you Andrew is the genuine article. Diving half of one stage with hood against the windscreen and finishing the rest of the rally with a a smashed windshield held together with sticky tape to peer through he still posted some of the fastest stage times in the rally!

Off we go to LA!!

I belive the x-game will be broadast live on ABC and ESPN so stay tuned!!!

I might be having too much fun....
  IP Logged
James Drake
YaBB Administrator

Ontario
Re:  ACP and the Canadian contingent X-Games
Reply #1 - 07/25/6 at 09:23:53

Congrats to ACP and the Team!!!

I can't wait to see this on TV.

Good Luck!!
James

James Drake

MLRC Membership Chairman
MLRC Rallycross Coordinator
  IP Logged
dtompsett

Ontario
Reply #2 - 07/25/6 at 10:19:46

Was definitely an awesome weekend... and thanks for your help Ian... another set of hands is always appreciated, and the added psycological benefit from the motorhome helped out the entire team.  Looks like I'm gonna be making breakfast in the service areas more often now.   (oh great... stock up... we'll have other crews coming by at events now to get breakfast!).

IP Logged
ktibi79

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 07/25/6 at 16:21:53

They let him drive with the broken windshield? Shocked

IP Logged
dtompsett

Ontario
Reply #4 - 07/25/6 at 18:07:48

Yup...

An official came over, suggested we would want to find a windshield (we had 4 guys scouring the service area for one... someone even checked car-part.com just in case).  He said if we couldn't that we would need to put something on the windshield to prevent it from caving in (clear duct tape).  When he was satisfied that it wasn't going to come in, he released the car.

And incase anyone needs to know... some duct tape wrapped around your hand, sticky side out, makes a great tool for picking up glass bits from a dashboard.

No problems with the windshield, and it even survived the entire tow up to Blainville (sp?) north of Montreal so that it can be cleaned up and made pretty for the X Games.

IP Logged
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 07/25/6 at 19:22:10

I can think of no better example than Musketeer Racing to show what a privateer team can accomplish.  Through a combination of highly skilled and qualified team members along with grit and determination beyond comprehension,  they are going to the X Games.

It shows what team spirit can do.  Long after the exact record of wins is forgotten,  the team members and the rally community in general will be relating tales of their adventures.

Good luck in California, guys and gals!

IP Logged
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 07/28/6 at 15:13:55

Have to go on more about this team.  They have been feverishly working seeking sponsorship,  arranging the logistics of who is going,  who is doing what, picking up tires and other essentials and asking who can help another team member with whatever they are doing.

Yesterday I offered to drive Roger Sanderson down to Blainville, Quebec (north of Montreal) to pick up the rig and car, where it had been getting work done at the Losier's dealership.  As we were heading down the 401,  a phone call came asking, "Could you take a slight detour by Orleans (near Ottawa) to pick up Robin,  as it turns out now he will be able to go and help Rob with the driving to California."  

Robin has no idea how he will get back home at the end of the trip and isn't worried about it.  He says, "It always works out in the end."  

So 1300 km later and an all-night drive, I was back home and the car and cube were in T.O.,  ready to head out immediately to L.A.

Watch the Flatovercrest website for a running journal  www.flatovercrest.com

IP Logged
dtompsett

Ontario
Reply #7 - 07/28/6 at 21:17:31

The team is grateful to have your help Ross.  Thanks again!

IP Logged
LastDitchRacing

Reply #8 - 07/28/6 at 21:52:20

Can't wait to watch the X-Games!  Great job Andrew and all others that are going.

Cheers!  John

WWW RallyMaine   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print