Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Help, co-driver or helmet needed for Galway (Read 4416 times)
Anthony_T

Help, co-driver or helmet needed for Galway
08/12/6 at 09:43:59

I am supposed to compete in my first performance rally this coming Saturday (Galway).  Unfortunately it turns out the helmet my co-driver ordered won’t arrive on time despite the fact it was ordered three weeks ago.  He’s tried 15 places in the U.S. to no avail.  

We have not given up our search but we figured we should have a backup plan should a helmet not be found in the Ottawa or Montreal area.

There are two ways one could help us out.

1.If somebody had a XXL helmet (size 8 hat size) they could lend us it would be well taken care of and greatly appreciated?  

2. Is someone that would be available and willing to act as a stand-in co-driver on stand-by should he not find a helmet?   We would likely know by the end of Tuesday.  Car is a  81 VW.   I’ll be taking it easy as it will be my first time.      

If you can help in one way or another, or have any other suggestions, please email longhairedleapinknown at hotmail.

Thanks

Anthony Tremblay

« Last Edit: 08/14/6 at 23:20:37 by Anthony_T »  
WWW   IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Re: Help, co-driver or helmet needed for Galway
Reply #1 - 08/12/6 at 10:04:54

Anthony, I dunno if it'd leave the organizers in a lurch or not, but I'd be willing to stand in for you. It'd just be a matter of throwing my helmet and suit in the car. I'm going to be there working anyways.

BTW, my helmet doesn't fit that description, sorry.

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
dubrally
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - 08/14/6 at 13:50:12

Anthony,

Get your co-driver to cancel his order and buy a helmet from a Canadian distributor. You still have time to get a helmet for him.

Call me (819)682-4955 or home (819)827-4323.

Warren

Warren
  IP Logged
Rob_Mackenzie
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - 08/14/6 at 21:24:32

Hi Anthony,
Try one of the GCFR sponsors CSC Racing in Newmarket, On. They have alot of Bell helmets in stock. Just go on the GCFR page and click on their logo.

Rob Mackenzie
Organizer GCFR

IP Logged
Anthony_T

Reply #4 - 08/14/6 at 23:19:22

Thank you for the suggestions.  He did go to a retailer in the Toronto area for his helmet.  Unfortunately because of sizing they did not have it in stock and it had to be special ordered - this is when the nail biting began...

WWW   IP Logged
Daniel Buehler

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 08/15/6 at 18:50:10

I assume you've talked with FourStar... So next step, CALL CSC RACING in Newmarket. I was in your co-driver's position before the first rallycross last year. They had plenty of helmets to fit my HUGE head. Actually, it was Sara's small head that needed a specially ordered helmet.

http://www.cscracing.com/helmets.htm

Good Luck!

IP Logged
Daniel Buehler

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 08/16/6 at 10:01:13

Hi Anthony,

I just got off the phone with CSC racing. They have a few models of Bell SA 2005 helmets. They have them in larger sizes. Their sizes are measured differently than L, XL, XXL, etc. But they have the equivalent.

IP Logged
Anthony_T

Reply #7 - 08/16/6 at 11:15:22

Thanks Daniel,  I'll let him know.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print