Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
End of Winter ORRC - March 3rd (Read 1723 times)
Robert Roaldi

Check your mirrors.

Ottawa, Ontario
End of Winter ORRC - March 3rd
01/04/7 at 19:12:21

I am organizing the End of Winter (EOW) ORRC event on March 3rd in the Tweed/Madoc area (about 2 hours east of Toronto; 2 hours west of Ottawa). The event can be categorized as a navex.

The Expert instructions will be challenging. The Intermediate instructions should be about the same level of difficulty as Mini-Rally Expert instructions of the past (when I organized them). Beginner instructions will be suitable for someone that has never entered a rally before.

It is my intention that no one, in any class, will get lost. I will keep the speeds a little lower than usual since it is a late winter event and have no idea what kind of road conditions we will encounter. Be prepared for anything from gravel to mud to snow or ice.

Needless to say, you should come prepared with rulers, compasses (both kinds), some map-reading experience, calculator, maybe even a protractor. I will NOT use straight-line diagrams or flow charts in the Beginner instructions. We will use TA's as described on the MCO website. Contact me by email if you're unclear about TA's.

Car zero will start at noon and is expected back at the finish at about 3:00-3:30, with scoring and awards presented by about 5:00 pm, depending on the number of entries. I don't have an exact start/finish location yet but it will probably be at a restaurant in Tweed. I am expecting registration to open at 11:00 am.

I will prepare a flyer in the next few weeks and it should be available on the web soon.

IP Logged
Robert Roaldi

Check your mirrors.

Ottawa, Ontario
Re: End of Winter ORRC - March 3rd
Reply #1 - 01/27/7 at 12:01:15

I have final information from the soon-to-be-posted flyer:

• 2nd Event in Ontario Road Rally Cup, 2007
• 200 km Navigational Road Rally.  
• Start/Finish location: The Gateway Restaurant, 327 Victoria St (hwy 37), Tweed, ON.
• Tweed is on highway 37, about 30 minutes north of Belleville.
• We hope to soon have online registration. TBA, check www.mco.org for updates.
• Registration opens at 10:30 a.m. Car 0 starts at noon. Competitor's meeting at 11:40 a.m.
• Novice, Intermediate & Expert instructions as per ORRC rules
• Timing Allowance (TA's) will be allowed for all classes. See www.mco.org for  explanation
 of TA rules or email the organizer.
• Pencil, pens, rulers, compasses, protractors recommended.
• Be prepared for snow, and (or) mud.
• Entry Fee: $45 ($35 for MCO teams)

IP Logged
1morelap
YaBB Newbies

Re: End of Winter ORRC - March 3rd
Reply #2 - 03/01/7 at 22:09:45

whoa.. what a weekend line up.. ORRC navex event on some great (newly snow covered)  roads in Tweed area March 3rd, then Sunday RX..

bring on the snow!!

Saturdays MCO ORRC event details here..  http://www.rallysport.on.ca/EOW07Flyer.jpg

whose going??  8)

-Greg, www.mco.org
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print