Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
TALL PINES NEEDS YOU Part 1 (Read 931 times)
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

TALL PINES NEEDS YOU Part 1
01/16/7 at 06:40:19

Over the last five years, the Rally of the Tall Pines has seen significant growth of the "event surrounding the event". Thanks to the efforts of a number of people, particularly Keith Townsend, Richard Hepburn and Francis Richard, new heights have been reached.

The VIP program, significantly expanded promotional efforts, increased exposure and sponsorship, and many other new ideas have been successfully implemented. Because of these innovations, Tall Pines is now one of the premier rallies in North America.

However, Tall Pines is now entering a critical juncture. The expansion of the event has also significantly increased the workload of the organizing committee. If the rally is going to continue in its current state and grow in the future, we simply have to find more people to spread the load. We are looking to fill a number of new and existing volunteer positions to ensure the future success of the event.

The jobs performed by the previous organizers have been broken down into a greater number of specific roles. The list is below.

You don't need to be a rally expert to take on a role on the Tall Pines organizing committee. The main requirement is that you are passionate about the sport and want to get involved. Experience in management, marketing and accounting would be a great benefit to the rally, and even if you don't have extensive management training, volunteering with the Pines is a great way to gain experience and build a resumé. And the previous organizers have committed to coaching their replacements, so you won't be thrown in the deep end.

If you are interested in getting involved, please reply to me at treasurer@mlrc.ca by Sunday, February 18th. You will be invited to attend a meeting on Monday, February 19th (location TBA) dedicated to discussing the future of the Pines. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks for your interest.

Alan Ockwell
Treasurer
Maple Leaf Rally Club

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print