Send Topic Print
interested in rally (Read 3108 times)
lumpyguy
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

interested in rally
01/23/7 at 22:01:20

I am from the London area and I am interested in doing some on and off road rally racing I have a toy car for fun that is a 94 Saturn SC2 front wheel drive is there any stock prod classes and who could I talk to about getting involved. any help would be great

IP Logged
j_gardhouse
YaBB Administrator

On hiatus - drinking
the two wheeled
koolaid.

Re: interested in rally
Reply #1 - 01/23/7 at 23:21:31

lumpyguy wrote on 01/23/7 at 22:01:20:
I am from the London area and I am interested in doing some on and off road rally racing I have a toy car for fun that is a 94 Saturn SC2 front wheel drive is there any stock prod classes and who could I talk to about getting involved. any help would be great

Likely, your car does not have all the safety items required for performance rally racing (which I assume is what you are after), however there are still many rally related things you can do without a great investment in time or money.

Martial at a rally - people are always needed, and no experience is neccisary.

Try your hand at a Navigational Rally - meet some great people, and learn/practice how to navigate from notes, many say this is good practice if you plan to navigate in performance rally (which, I assume is what you are after)

Try your hand at a rally-cross event - all you need is valid insurance, licence and plates, and a helmet. A great, inexpensive way to go fast(er)

Check the carsrally.ca website for links to other clubs and events, as well as safety regulations. Forums like Special-Stage are also a great place to read up on goings on.

This is all I could think of offhand, im sure others can chime in...

Jamie - VA3HAX/VE3XTL - I break things and make loud noises
  IP Logged
dtompsett

Ontario
Reply #2 - 01/24/7 at 01:37:15

j_gardhouse wrote on 01/23/7 at 23:21:31:
Try your hand at a rally-cross event - all you need is valid insurance, licence and plates, and a helmet. A great, inexpensive way to go fast(er)

Not completely true... if you tow the car up... you don't need plates/insurance.  

IP Logged
j_gardhouse
YaBB Administrator

On hiatus - drinking
the two wheeled
koolaid.

Reply #3 - 01/24/7 at 09:32:49

dtompsett wrote on 01/24/7 at 01:37:15:
Not completely true... if you tow the car up... you don't need plates/insurance.  

True, I kinda just assumed he didn't have such a resource available to him...

IP Logged
lumpyguy
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 01/24/7 at 12:23:37

I would like to build it up I can fab. and want to build a cage and suspension and lighten the car but I need to find the rules for the classes. I have alot of spare parts and have built show cars and done some racing but I am interested in rally and have a nice car to run a stock class and I work at a Saturn dealer and they want to help. any links or persons would be great! Thanks

IP Logged
j_gardhouse
YaBB Administrator

On hiatus - drinking
the two wheeled
koolaid.

Reply #5 - 01/24/7 at 12:34:47

lumpyguy wrote on 01/24/7 at 12:23:37:
I would like to build it up I can fab. and want to build a cage and suspension and lighten the car but I need to find the rules for the classes. I have alot of spare parts and have built show cars and done some racing but I am interested in rally and have a nice car to run a stock class and I work at a Saturn dealer and they want to help. any links or persons would be great! Thanks

http://carsrally.ca/CARSRally/Default.aspx?tabid=92   has all the most recent diagrams and rules, I hope that helps!

IP Logged
Wedge1

Ontario
Reply #6 - 01/24/7 at 12:37:34

The rules can be found on the CARS website: www.carsrally.ca
or follow direct link here

If you've never rallied before, it's not a good idea to build your own cage.  Find someone that's done it before.

I know there are a couple of competitors in the US that run Saturn cars in performance rally.  Apparently they hold up rather well.  If you have access to spare parts, and you are familiar with those cars, then that would definately be a good starter car for you.

Right now, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you face him, he will beat you.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print