Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
MLRC WinterRX - Test, Tune and Develop - Feb 11th (Read 22773 times)
James Drake
YaBB Administrator

Ontario
MLRC WinterRX - Test, Tune and Develop - Feb 11th
01/29/7 at 23:51:14

MLRC is proud to present the first:

MLRC WinterRX - Test, Tune and Develop

When and Where:

Date: February 11th

Drivers Meeting @ 10:00am

http://www.burntriveroffroad.com/

What:

This will be a event to test your snow skills, Tune your ability and develop your driving skills. Just under a 2km course on Snow to excite your sideways passion.

Cost:

$50 per person.

This event will be capped at 20 entries and will be taken on a first come first serve basis. The Entry fee is to be paid onsite at registration in cash only. Please email your entry to rallycross@mlrc.ca with your name, telephone number and Car make and model.

Regulations and rules will be posted online at www.mlrc.ca (basic rallycross rules will be followed).

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at: rallycross@mlrc.ca

CALL FOR WORKERS: MLRC would like to hear from you if you would like to volunteer to help out on the day with timing, or check points or on the work day at the location on the 10th February.  Licensed HAM radio operators needed.

Don't forget to sign up today to reserve your spot!!!

James

James Drake

MLRC Membership Chairman
MLRC Rallycross Coordinator
  IP Logged
nhibbert

Re: MLRC WinterRX - Test, Tune and Develop - Feb 1
Reply #1 - 01/31/7 at 09:42:40

Just so I know what I'm in for. Is this a "rough" track (plowed motocross tracks) or a relatively smooth track (plowed parking lot)?

Norman
VE3HWL
  IP Logged
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 01/31/7 at 10:12:10

There are two tracks.  The first, which is certain to be used,  is the main road in to the HQ site.  It is very smooth and is just under 2.5 km in length. This course would be best described as medium quick to quick with some great turns in it.

The second is a specially designed RallyCross track, measuring about 1.7 km in length.  It is extremely tight and technical with some neat changes in elevation.  At the moment it is quite driveable,  but somewhat rough.  A good snowfall should fix that.   Then the track owners can groom it smooth.

IP Logged
robin

5 right - sh*t, I
mean 3 right ...
over crest!

Reply #3 - 01/31/7 at 12:46:07

We tested on the 2.5km in November and it was pretty smooth - with frost/snow it should be even better.

Robin

IP Logged
James Drake
YaBB Administrator

Ontario
MLRC WinterRX - Test, Tune and Develop - Feb 11th
Reply #4 - 01/31/7 at 14:13:36

MORE SPOTS OPEN!!!!!

Due to the amazing amount of people that signed up in the first 24 hours, we have decided to raise the cap from 20 to 35!!!

We only have a few slots left, so please email your entry today!!

You will receive an email from me confirming your entry with your car number on Thursday 1st Feb. We apploigise in advance if you do not get a entry.

CALL FOR WORKERS

As the entries go up, we need more help, please email us to let us know you can help out on the day. If a driver brings a worker with them for the day: $20 discount Smiley

rallycross@mlrc.ca

Thank you
James

James Drake

MLRC Membership Chairman
  IP Logged
bratok
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 02/06/7 at 12:21:37

are there any spots left open?

IP Logged
ryan_kristy
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 02/06/7 at 13:08:22

you  can have my  spot  i dont have a car to enter into this. i thuoght my  car would be ready tomorrow but wont get done until after the weekend.

IP Logged
James Drake
YaBB Administrator

Ontario
Reply #7 - 02/07/7 at 07:20:37

Spots still open!!

We do still have some spots still open. Please email us to register with your name, address, telephone number and car that you are entering.

rallycross@mlrc.ca

If you can not come, please let us know ASAP, or if you are giving your spot to some one else. Please email us at the email address above.

Thank you
James

James Drake

MLRC Membership Chairman
  IP Logged
mxtrack
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - 02/07/7 at 12:20:35

Smiley Hi Guys,

My name is Connie from Burnt River Off-Road Vehicle Facility. I just wanted to let you know that my husband Rob is out there grooming the course and driveway for this weekend testing and tuning event. We are suppose to get another 5cm of snow tonight. The weather for this weekend is call for sunny weather. It should be a fun and exciting weekend. I look forward to meeting all of you.

Cheers,
Connie Greenlaw

IP Logged
dtompsett

Ontario
Reply #9 - 02/07/7 at 12:42:58

Grin

IP Logged
Nikola

Geeksters Rallying

Reply #10 - 02/07/7 at 15:27:39

Can the experienced rallyheads who've seen the track let us newbies know a bit more on what to expect?

I have little to no real experience on snow - if it's a autocross or rallycross-like place where I can reasonably safely practice and figure things out, awesome! But if the roads are fast and surrounded by trees, and I'm supposed to drift perfectly at 60km/h or something... I may just give my spot to somebody else....

Thanks!!

If you understand what you are doing, you aren't learning anything!
WWW 18975513   IP Logged
James Drake
YaBB Administrator

Ontario
Reply #11 - 02/07/7 at 15:43:20

This place is perfect to learn to drive on Snow!!!

Just like the track in Bancroft but on snow!!

These events are disigned for both kinds of people, ones that have never done it before to learn and for those who want to practice.  And dont panic, if you stuff it, we have 4x4's on-site to pull you out.

As you say yourself: If you understand what you are doing, you aren't learning anything! .

James

James Drake

MLRC Membership Chairman
  IP Logged
dtompsett

Ontario
Reply #12 - 02/07/7 at 16:31:32

And Nik... you don't have to carry a lot of speed to practice being sideways.  Just because you can reach 60km/h on a straight doesn't mean you have to... don't make the day about trying to beat everyone else, make it a day to learn how to handle the car... start slow and work your way up.

Heck, see if you can have someone more experienced ride along with you... and ride along with them.  If there is time, it might be worth it to have someone experienced drive your car with you in it, explaining how they are driving... then switch places and have them critique how you do.  

The ice races in Minden have a novice school on the first few weekends where they do just that... someone drives your car with you as a passenger, then you drive with them... I saw huge improvements in my first day from this sort of school.

IP Logged
dtompsett

Ontario
Reply #13 - 02/07/7 at 16:45:43

James... email sent a few hours ago... want to make sure my spot is saved... any word?

IP Logged
Nikola

Geeksters Rallying

Reply #14 - 02/08/7 at 11:25:13

Good to hear - thx guys! Smiley

- No, I'm not planning to compete or go particularly fast - but was wondering if the curves are slight enough that you *have* to go fast in order to slide at all.... Sounds like that's not that case though!

If you understand what you are doing, you aren't learning anything!
WWW 18975513   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print