Send Topic Print
PN stories (Read 5225 times)
ktibi79

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

PN stories
02/05/7 at 16:04:07

Hi all!

It was nice upthere, too bad  we didn't have enough snow.
Too bad that some drivers don't care about putting the emergency triangle,when they try to dig themself out. Narini had  an offroad at stage 2. that was an ,up left3 crest down.   Also Dube was in the ditch with car # 26. at the same curve. WITH NO TRIANGLE!
WHY? No answer! No penaltys!
Nobody didn't care!
Why?
I tell you!
Because I missed Narini with 3m. He could have died overthere.

PLEASE THINK THIS WAY!
When you try to get yourself out ,don't forget to put  triangles, otherwise others will not know, that you are there.

After tha t I was driving in "grandma mod".  We also tried to help guys out from the snowbank. Didn't really worked. But even like this  we climbed forward because we stayed on track. Kitigan Zibi was a funny "discovery trial"
My heater could not keep up with the hall which was  on the side  of the
door, caused by the accident with the Narini's. So much cold air got inside that our breth was starting to froze on the windshield.  I was unable to see a thing, so after the first dark stage  I drove to the HQ and we withdraw ourself from the event. We were at 16th place overall .  
Congrats to all the finishers!

IP Logged
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: PN stories
Reply #1 - 02/05/7 at 17:30:08

Interesting.  The Narinis told us that for sure there was a triangle out and that they showed it to you.  So where is the truth?

So it wasn't that nobody cared - it was that they said you ignored the triangle.

Putting out a triangle has to be the first thing any team does the moment they stop.  Also super important to put it far enough back up the road that other cars get enough warning to slow down.

Luckily this time no one was hurt,  but we don't want cars getting damaged for no good reason either.

IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Reply #2 - 02/05/7 at 18:01:36

Anthony and I saw two cars off in that corner, but I don't remember seeing a triangle, maybe Anthony did. Tibor was the car ahead of us, we didn't see any sign of him there when we got there. I do recall the codriver of Weil being in the process of putting a triangle out when we got to where they were off in the uphill right hairpin. We also saw spectators waving us to slow down, we did, but still slid wide and nudged the snowbank behind the off car.

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
Anthony_T

Reply #3 - 02/05/7 at 19:26:43

Unfortunately I can't recall enough to confirm one way or another as to whether or not there was a triangle.  Two things I can say.  I was tiptoeing that stage on account of a failed tire experiment.  I also do remember noticing an off early in the day where the two triangles were within sight of each other.   Sorry I can't help more then that.

WWW   IP Logged
C. Hamm

Will rally for free.

Reply #4 - 02/05/7 at 19:53:29

Gee, where's the wide angle in-car footage when you need it most?

VA3KRT
  IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Reply #5 - 02/05/7 at 19:55:44

Craig, my camera just won't take the punishment of stage rallying. As it is, the video is crap for rallycross, etc. The tape skips off the heads. Once I have some money though I do plan to pick up a bullet cam, and then I can put my camera in a padded bag and it should work just fine. All in good time Wink

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
ktibi79

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 02/05/7 at 21:16:41

rosswood wrote on 02/05/7 at 17:30:08:
Interesting.  The Narinis told us that for sure there was a triangle out and that they showed it to you.  So where is the truth?

So it wasn't that nobody cared - it was that they said you ignored the triangle.

Putting out a triangle has to be the first thing any team does the moment they stop.  Also super important to put it far enough back up the road that other cars get enough warning to slow down.

Luckily this time no one was hurt,  but we don't want cars getting damaged for no good reason either.

That is  SO SO UNTRUE!
They put ther triangle into the trunk!
Once  we have an onboard  video, they will look silly!
For them, it was easy to lie at that moment.
Hope we will see some videos.
I never missed  a triangle, and before that L3 crest we had like 120 m straight.

IP Logged
Do_It_Sidewayz

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 02/10/7 at 21:24:43

well...

Narini's did have an in-car camera, and have good footage of the incident.

You can see them coming into the corner, and there is already a triangle from another car that went off (red/white/blue) Impreza.  

i'm not sure if nick was caught off gaurd by the triangle he saw, or what, but in the process of scrubbing off speed, or trying to miss the alread banked car...Nick caught the snowbank with the back corner of the car, which pulled the front end in, and into the ditch. They very nearly got out, but were hung up.   Nick gets out of the car, as Massimo could not because of the snow built up against the door.

From talking to Nick..he got out of the car...made sure that the Triangle placed by the impreza team was still there, and in a decent place, and he then started digging and getting the towstrap and so on.

Was not long until you hear the sound of a celica...at just about full throttle, and then the sickening sound...The camera skips ahead...

The VERY lucky part is...just after Narini's end up in the bank...the driver/co-drive of the impreza offer to try and push Narini's out... Nick declined the offer.    If the driver/co-drive of the other car were pushing the car at the of impact...the results would not have been pretty.

If anyone wants to see. they are more than welcome.

IP Logged
ktibi79

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - 02/11/7 at 00:29:28

It was so decent(place) ,that they didn't see it in time.
Tongue
Let's see that onboard shut.

IP Logged
manick
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - 02/13/7 at 09:56:26

Thanks to the organizers for the investigation, examination of our car and discussion with Nick (car 30).

We reviewed the in car video with the crew and team and Chris said it all above.

Nick and Massimo saw the triangle and made a rookie mistake. Scrubing speed,  she spun, catching the rear corner which took the front into the snow.

When our guys did not pull in ahead of the damaged Celica (car 31), the driver told me that he had hit the FRONT of our car and they were still off. Before knowing all the details, I did offer an apology on behalf of our crew if something was done incorrectly.

Thankfully, no one was hurt, including the crew of the first car off, and our car will run again - after replacing the entire rear end and a new exhaust system. In spite of the crash, we were running in a strong position and it would have been an awesome experience for this young team to complete the rally. The crash caused an electrical failure that took us out after the fifth stage. I guess "that's racin'."

I will share the video with the Celica crew if you PM me an address and with any race officials that deem it necessary.

In years gone by, rally teams looked out for each other as Ross will confirm. Had I hit a car on a stage, I may have stopped to check all was OK before continuing.

My guys certainly learned a hard lesson.

Thanks again to the organizers.

Phil
Team MaNicK

IP Logged
BTDT

Reply #10 - 02/13/7 at 14:30:48

Hopefully just a bad choice of words!!! "Had I hit a car on a stage I MAY have stopped" - you darn well better stop.

IP Logged
ktibi79

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #11 - 02/14/7 at 10:17:36

Whoever think this was my bad, I wish him a same situation.
For me file is closed.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print