HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Insurance (Read 1568 times)
Derek Vincent
YaBB Moderator

Insurance
03/15/7 at 12:22:35

I was wondering what sort of insurance you need to get for a performance rally car...

Is their a company that people generally use... what coverage is need... I realise that event hold insurance on the performance sections (and just liablity I would imagine)

Cheers,

Derek

WWW   IP Logged
Anthony_T

Re: Insurance
Reply #1 - 03/15/7 at 15:50:19

You're right, the cars do need to be insured.  Unfortunately getting insurance on a caged car is easier said then done.  Myself, I would be upfront when approaching companies for insurance.  When I made my calls I would tell them the car was a rally car.  Admittedly, a couple companies I called got me off the line really quickly when I told them what I was looking for.  One even hung up on me.  If something did happen though you need your broker on your side so I felt it best that he/she know exactly what I was doing and needed.  In the end, you don't really want to support a broker who is not willing to support you in what you're doing.  

All that aside,  I ended up getting facility insurance through a broker that knew of rallying and what it involved.  I would ask your local rally/race prep shop if they could recommend a company or broker.  They would be dealing with this kind of thing more often then most.

WWW   IP Logged
GordRoss
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Insurance
Reply #2 - 03/19/7 at 15:22:00

Just went down this road.  I had insurance through a mutual comapny, the cages and uses of the cars were disclosed ( they actually said great, the cars are safer...).  Long story short, new company policies, the cars can no longer be insured.  My broker called around and no one would touch me except facility ( they know about the cages ,mods and competition).  Rates suck, it's like being sixteen again.

Facility required an appraisal and a current safety to insure it.

Good luck.

Gord

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print