Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
4 new rally-X tracks in Toronto area (Read 2691 times)
fweidner
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

4 new rally-X tracks in Toronto area
03/17/7 at 08:01:56

4 new rally-X tracks in Toronto area

Who would have thought you could run rally-X in Toronto.

I think this might be part of the solution to rally declining in Ontario.

Bring motorsports to the masses as the Molson Indy found necessary.  This was also mentioned in an article in Inside Track recently.

There are 4 potential rally-X tracks in Toronto
You could run a series with track time every saturday night just like the oval series at Barrie speedway.  I'm told they get 100 cars out every week!!

I've already had practice runs at 2 of the 4 spots.

On one practice session, the owner, all excited, jumped into my car with a stop watch on the first lap!!  Hardly fair.

Tracks vary from 1 to 4 km, gravel and tarmac, all sites are smooth, not rough

3 out of the four sites already have done or do motorsports
so insurance and noise is not an issue.

on a recent sales trip visiting a customer, I noticed someone made a track in the middle of an industrial area

Who would have thought?

Anyways, let's see if it goes anywhere with any of the sites

I think having mutliple sites is important.  If you have only one track, people learn to go fast on only that track

If you have multiple tracks, pleople learn to drive fast on any track they are on.

Fred

IP Logged
colin23
YaBB Newbies

Re: 4 new rally-X tracks in Toronto area
Reply #1 - 03/17/7 at 08:33:17

Great idea!

I believe that the quality of the course surface is an issue.
Most of the people use their daily cars, so why would you have a car breaker track?
For example, at the last Burnt river rally-x , the driveway course was excellent, but the other course, where they actually timed you, was a real car breaker, especially towards the end of the day. I'm never going to participate in that event if they use the same track....and that's why probably the attendance at the second one dropped by half.

IP Logged
Sideburns Steve
YaBB Newbies

what the heck is
YaBB 1G - SP1!

Alliston
Reply #2 - 03/20/7 at 09:48:46

I like the sound of this!! I race autocross and do enjoy it. But I've always wished there could be a gravel version on it, or even half gravel. However, when I entered the Bancroft rallyX it was teribly rough and I left disapointed. Fred, you said these locations are smooth, but will they hold up relativly well after a few laps of rallyX?? I hope so, because GTA RallyX sounds pretty exciting to me. Maybe some spectators would even show up! And, it would be easier for me to get sponsors help if the race was in the GTA.

I would be more then willing to help out getting the events set up. I hope this works out!!

IP Logged
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 03/20/7 at 11:43:37

That's great, Steve.

I suggest that you contact a club and officially offer your help.

IP Logged
1morelap
YaBB Newbies

Reply #4 - 03/25/7 at 12:50:17

What are the locations? are the locations safe or legal? What kind of motorsports history do these sites have? Will these be organised by any RSO club or is this a private enterprise?

-Greg, www.mco.org
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print