Send Topic Print
Spring Run-Off Rally (Read 3812 times)
dtompsett

Ontario
Spring Run-Off Rally
03/26/7 at 12:07:46

Information for the people!

Saturday April 21st

Start/finish is The Station Restaurant, 30 Ottawa Street (south side of hwy 7, right in town, lots of parking), Havelock, Ontario
http://www.stationrestaurant.ca/

Car 0 out is 11am (as of right this very minute!... might make it out@11:30 and open at 10:30)
Registration will probably open at 10am.
Navex event, suited to novices Wink
General boundaries... Norwood/Cordova Mines/Marmora/Stirling/Campbellford....Within Hastings and Peterborough Counties.
Free wireless at the restaurant.
No car-breakers, but expect gravel roads. No big mud-splashes like Prez Prize. (not yet anyways).
Route is approx 200km long.

Drove 170km of route on sunday, some slow scenic sections, some fun tight sections. TA's are allowed... once I figure out how to apply them. Wink

I will be looking for workers. Haven't finalized all the checkpoints, but I am looking for crews. HAM radio isn't a requirement... I have no idea what the repeater frequencies are in my area, or what regions can/can't access them. Also need a greencrew. Hope to have the instructions/timing figured out within the next week or so. An experienced team would be a huge help... not because the instructions are hard, but because I have no idea what I'm doing! haha

IP Logged
brynepp

Who said trucks
can't Rally?

Re: Spring Run-Off Rally
Reply #1 - 03/28/7 at 08:37:39

Doug,

I am so looking forward to this event.  Thank you for stepping up.

Bryn

IP Logged
miskis
YaBB Newbies

Newbie Co-driver
looking for
expereience

Reply #2 - 03/28/7 at 10:34:33

He already has 3 volunteers for CP's Wink

Co-driver looking for a ride for next year
Anyone interested?
  IP Logged
dtompsett

Ontario
Reply #3 - 03/28/7 at 12:10:25

Ya... but I still need more!  I'd rather turn workers away at the event!

IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Reply #4 - 03/28/7 at 14:44:42

Doug, trust me, you'll never turn workers away the day of. I thought I was set the day before the NOWR, and ended up having to call in some favours last minute as you're aware. Any extra people you get, there's always a quiet zone or two that can be looked after.

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
DaveP

Reply #5 - 03/29/7 at 00:03:47

RyanHuber wrote on 03/28/7 at 14:44:42:
Doug, trust me, you'll never turn workers away the day of. I thought I was set the day before the NOWR, and ended up having to call in some favours last minute as you're aware. Any extra people you get, there's always a quiet zone or two that can be looked after.

Doug,
   I have to agree with Ryan. Volunteers agree to help because they want to. Some of my favourite marshalling experiences have been manning some of Louis' diabolical checkpoints from the Spring Run Off Rally from past years.

Frequently marshals have as much fun on an event as the competitors. Keep that in mind. Sometimes I think the sport is too centered on the competitor. but that is an argument for another thread.

Dave Paisley

IP Logged
dtompsett

Ontario
Reply #6 - 03/29/7 at 10:19:55

Was not implying I wouldn't need workers... trust me, if I have too many, I'll find something for them to do.

IP Logged
nhibbert

Reply #7 - 03/29/7 at 15:41:52

Doug

I can't commit just yet, but if I'm available I'll be there as a worker.

Norman
VE3HWL
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print