Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
UNSANCTIONED RALLY ACTIVITIES (Read 1825 times)
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

UNSANCTIONED RALLY ACTIVITIES
04/03/7 at 10:39:02

As the President of RallySport Ontario (RSO) I wish to remind all rallyists that you must not participate in any way, be it as an organizer, competitor or worker, in any rally event that is not sanctioned by the Canadian Association of RallySport (CARS) and RSO.  Rally events include all activities ranging from performance rally to navigational rally, rallycross, rallysprint, rally testing, rally school and everything in between.

CARS has been vested with the responsibility to manage all rally activities in Canada.  In turn CARS has assigned that responsibility to RSO in Ontario.  Through the RSO member clubs, RSO assures that all activities are following CARS Rules and insurance regulations and that they are in the best interest of the sport.

What is in the best interest of the sport involves long-range planning and a wide-ranging knowledge of issues that can affect the well-being of our sport.  This would include sensitive areas for public relations and current political issues, amongst many other considerations.  For example at this very moment, exactly as predicted by the head of RSO’s Bill C-19 (Street Racing) Committee,  there is a bill before the Ontario Legislature to implement further provincial actions to support the federal legislation to curb street racing.  The RSO Committee is now working on protecting our interests in that matter.  Thus it is of the utmost importance that all of us act with extreme prudence in our driving on the public roads.  It is important to note that when the federal bill on street-racing was passed in January, the statements that went with it clearly indicated that “sanctioned” motorsport events were not the intended target of this legislation. The very clear implication is that unsanctioned events do fall under the street racing legislation.

Recently some unsanctioned rally activities have occurred on Ontario roads.  Despite repeated requests by the organizer’s club and by RSO, the individual  organizing these events has chosen not to meet with the club and/or RSO Board to discuss working together. This left RSO with no recourse other than to take strong action to protect the sport.  That individual’s competition licence has been suspended until this matter is resolved.  Further action is being contemplated.

Again I cannot emphasize strongly enough that you are not to participate in any rally activity that is not put on by either RSO or an RSO club.  This assures that all proper procedures and insurance are in place for your protection.  We must all work together in the best interest of the sport.  If you wish to discuss this further, contact any Executive member of your club or RSO.

Ray Felice, RSO President  

IP Logged
Ferdinand

Re: UNSANCTIONED RALLY ACTIVITIES
Reply #1 - 04/03/7 at 12:28:06

Quote:
I cannot emphasize strongly enough that you are not to participate in any rally activity that is not put on by either RSO or an RSO club.

... or other CARS sanctioned clubs.  Correct?

WWW   IP Logged
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: UNSANCTIONED RALLY ACTIVITIES
Reply #2 - 04/03/7 at 13:39:50

Yes,  but keep in mind that this message was directed at Ontario rallyists.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print