Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Rally Cross Schedule (Read 8660 times)
nhibbert

Re: Rally Cross Schedule
Reply #15 - 05/24/7 at 12:33:52

Ya. I wasn't implying that people didn't volunteer to marshal at the events. From what I've seen everyone who attends is more than willing to help out. I was lamenting the lack of people who are willing to give up days of their free time to organize one of these events for no pay. Not that I'm one to talk - I've helped organize stage rallys, but not rallyx's. We're lucky to have people like Ryan, Ross and Bryn (and Doug even though he's PMSC) around.

Norman
VE3HWL
  IP Logged
Anthony_T

Reply #16 - 05/24/7 at 13:32:57

Let's not forget James Drake in organizing the rally-xs as well.  

As for Barrie - only speculation here as I was not in attendance at the one event held there.  I seem to recall discussion about how Burnt River had much more long term potential then the Barrie track.  Things I remember hearing was there there were more couse layout options and the ground was much harder (something Bancroft rallyx participants often yearn for).  The Burnt River people also seem very keen to work with us rally folk.  

As for the Fred speculation - I beleive Fred had a hand in finding both the Barrie and Burnt River courses.  I give the organizers credit in not shunning a particular course over another because of who found it.  

Having more organizers from different clubs (like KWRC/PMSC/SPDA etc...) will definately be a good thing and may make things easier to run more events at multiple venues.   If you go look at the RSO  meeting minutes for April 2007 (www.rallysport.on.ca), you'll see that RSO is working on developing a bigger rally-x series working with multiple clubs of which Ross Wood would be the series coordinator.

WWW   IP Logged
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #17 - 06/07/7 at 08:12:20

Firm and final dates for the Four Star Motorsports Summer RallyCrosses. Mark them on your calendar:

Saturday, July 28th - Burnt River

Sunday, August 26th - Bancroft

Sunday, September 23rd - Burnt River

Sunday, October 28th - Bancroft

More details to follow.

Ross Wood, RSO RallyCross Coordinator

IP Logged
CrazyLeo

Godspeed

planet Earth
Reply #18 - 06/12/7 at 16:24:29

There is no way I can make it to all of them... I'll be enjoying the beautiful Prussian girls in July!

Have you guys considered counting only '3 best' events for the championship?

IP Logged
Anthony_T

Reply #19 - 06/12/7 at 19:33:09

CrazyLeo wrote on 06/12/7 at 16:24:29:
There is no way I can make it to all of them... I'll be enjoying the beautiful Prussian girls in July!

Have you guys considered counting only '3 best' events for the championship?

I'd like to second this motion as I too will have a heavy travel schedual this summer and cannot make all four events (but will be at the other three, pending repairs to the Golf).  

Unlike Leo, I won't be eyeing Prussian girls, but those from California.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print