Send Topic Print
BANCROFT WEATHER (Read 8365 times)
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

BANCROFT WEATHER
11/07/7 at 19:19:31

Just checked the Bancroft weather forecast - calling for 9 below tonight and 1-3 cm of snow.

Mark Williams and I are going up there tomorrow morning to check a couple of distances, so I'll take my camera.  Photos should be posted later tomorrow.

IP Logged
James Drake
YaBB Administrator

Ontario
Re: BANCROFT WEATHER
Reply #1 - 11/08/7 at 21:34:54

Thank you Ross for the update.

I do want to make one point, the Mark Williams that Ross is referring to is not the Mark Williams in car number 35.

Thank you,
JD

James Drake

MLRC Membership Chairman
MLRC Rallycross Coordinator
  IP Logged
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 11/09/7 at 05:21:33

Stage condition photos now posted.  Note - just a touch of snow on the MNR roads.  At this point the ground is not frozen yet (Thursday Nov. 08).

IP Logged
SuzukiSwiftGT
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 11/09/7 at 11:13:12

rosswood wrote on 11/09/7 at 05:21:33:
Stage condition photos now posted.  Note - just a touch of snow on the MNR roads.  At this point the ground is not frozen yet (Thursday Nov. 08) .

where are the photos posted?

IP Logged
CrazyLeo

Godspeed

planet Earth
Reply #4 - 11/09/7 at 12:00:36

SuzukiSwiftGT wrote on 11/09/7 at 11:13:12:
where are the photos posted?

http://www.tallpinesrally.com/TallPines/Default.aspx?tabid=143

Kiss  ? Smiley

IP Logged
Anthony_T

Reply #5 - 11/18/7 at 22:20:30

The forcast currently listed on The Weather Network for this week in Bancroft really puts things in perspective - "warm" and sunny on monday, snow tuesday -  heavy rain on wedndesday - then sun on friday - then snow on Saturday.  I guess I'll have to wait until Saturday to find out what we'll get.

WWW   IP Logged
dtompsett

Ontario
Reply #6 - 11/19/7 at 01:34:43

Anthony... don't beleve the forcast at all.  The 14-day projection... every few hours it changed... snow, sun, sun/cloud, rain, rain/snow, snoe, sun....

What has remained pretty constant is the few days leading up to Pines is looking like rain (exoect washouts and soft sections), and expect it to get very cold the night before.  Every year that I have been to Pines, the Friday night ends up being very cold, regardless of what the weather is on saturday.  

Even in the last few hours, the forcast for thursday has gone from 90% to 100% chance of rain.  Generally hovering around freezing... which means frozen shady areas.

Hoping to get a full report from my friends/neighbours who have a hunt camp in off Upper Turrif... the other week when it snowed a little bit.... they reported 4-5" of snow, with the majority gone the next day.

Bought 6 snow tires this weekend!  Now if only I could get a windshield installed without them breaking it.  (Guy we use broke my spare windshield on saturday morning... new one arrives tuesday/wednesday... if that one breaks, I'm pretty much SOL)

IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Reply #7 - 11/19/7 at 06:18:58

Mwuhahahahaha! Its changed again! Snow thursday! Saturday snow has pushed off til sunday now. darn this is getting interesting (of course, I won't believe any of it until I see it on the ground...)

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
John_Vanos
YaBB Moderator

Reply #8 - 11/19/7 at 09:30:17

darn you mother nature!  Roll Eyes
gives us snow, or gravel, but not both!!!

2006 OPRC Driver Champion
2012/2013 OPRC Codriver Champion

MLRC Vice President
  IP Logged
brynepp

Who said trucks
can't Rally?

Reply #9 - 11/19/7 at 09:39:24

RyanHuber wrote on 11/19/7 at 06:18:58:
Mwuhahahahaha! Its changed again! Snow thursday! Saturday snow has pushed off til sunday now. darn this is getting interesting (of course, I won't believe any of it until I see it on the ground...)

Here here!
Never ever make your tire decision Friday night.  It is always fun watching the newbies to pines changing tires Friday night then again Saturday morning.  Grin

John Pines is classic to have both snow and grave. Sorry Tongue

Bryn

IP Logged
John_Vanos
YaBB Moderator

Reply #10 - 11/19/7 at 09:41:33

i've never been one for classics Bryn!  Tongue

2006 OPRC Driver Champion
2012/2013 OPRC Codriver Champion

MLRC Vice President
  IP Logged
Dave Cotie
God Member

North Bay, Ontario
Reply #11 - 11/19/7 at 09:45:17

brynepp wrote on 11/19/7 at 09:39:24:
Here here!
Never ever make your tire decision Friday night.  It is always fun watching the newbies to pines changing tires Friday night then again Saturday morning.  Grin

John Pines is classic to have both snow and GRAVEL. Sorry Tongue

Bryn

Fixed that for you.

Dave Cotie
VA3 COT
  IP Logged
Dave Cotie
God Member

North Bay, Ontario
Reply #12 - 11/19/7 at 09:54:20

The last few nights have been pretty frosty here and probably similar in Bancroft. That should firm the roads up. It will likley make any snow that falls stick around also.

Like someone else said, wait for the 48 hr forecast. Long-term forecasts change too much. Grin

Dave Cotie
VA3 COT
  IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Reply #13 - 11/19/7 at 16:28:45

If the current forcast holds (which is doubtful considering how many times its changed over the last few days) my prediction is gravel with patches of snow on the township roads, and patchy snow with ice on the forest roads. Snow falling during and before recce, with mild near-zero temps and sun during the day afterwards, with all that recce traffic, will pack and polish things. You heard it here first  Wink

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
Wedge1

Ontario
Reply #14 - 11/19/7 at 18:32:26

I'd predict similar to last year.  Especially in the morning.
Last year, the first stage was VERY slippery, because it was so cold in the morning, and there was a frost on the bare gravel roads.  It went to normal once the sun came out.  Soft gravel tires were the only choice, but they still didn't work that great.
There could be potential for more snow throughout the day this year.  But not much, and for the backrunners, I wouldn't expect anything but gravel.
Edit: a very likely condition, if it stays below 0 during the day is ICE, rather than snow... has anyone ever tractionized a gravel tire?? Wink

Right now, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you face him, he will beat you.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print