Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Thank you Tall Pines organizers (Read 1957 times)
Anthony_T

Thank you Tall Pines organizers
11/25/7 at 21:26:05

I just wanted to thank all those who helped organized this year's rally.  Having played a small role in the pre-preperations I have come to see how huge an undertaking this is for so many people involved.  The Tall Pines is a really special event - Thank you!

Thank yous to the workers as well. I worked at the last "snowy" Pines.  It is a very long and cold day rushing to be ready, then waiting for something to happen...  I hope you all took some enjoyment from it - your efforts were very greatly appreciated.  

Anthony Tremblay

WWW   IP Logged
grinthock
Ex Member

Re: Thank you Tall Pines organizers
Reply #1 - 11/25/7 at 21:31:33

Sorry to see you had gear box troubles, I was cheering for you and Anthony when you barreled by me in the morning.  I have some great pics for you (posting soon!)

I've worked with many a car club over the years and this was a HUGE team of people, worked so well, i've never had such a great time.

I WILL be back next year to help again!   Bravo to everyone.

IP Logged
AlanO
YaBB Administrator

Reply #2 - 11/25/7 at 21:34:14

Thanks to everyone who braved the weather and made this such an awesome event!

WWW   IP Logged
dtompsett

Ontario
Reply #3 - 11/26/7 at 09:12:42

Thanks to everyone, and a huge thanks to the guys who were running behind us... I haven't really driven FWD since ice racing last year, and this car was only nearing completion on the friday night. We were very lucky to find a local shop who let me stay as late as I needed and close up. We tried the slow and steady approach, and it worked the majority of the time; the car spun a few times, and we got sucked off the line a few times. As I said before a huge thanks to those behind us; Anthony and Jamie pulling us out (Scirocco love!), the BMW guys offering to push us, and 99 for giving us a pull on A7.

For our first event as driver/co-driver, my first time with this car, and the fact that we took it on as a bf/gf team, we came out with a lot of memories. Rachel did an amazing job co-driving, with very minimal mistakes. Having had experience with notes at GCFR '07 co-driving, I know they can be tough, and she did an amazing job.

With the stuttering problem we had, shutting the engine off for even a few seconds helped to give us a little more time; nothing beats shutting the engine off coming down a hill on B2, relying on nothing more than the notes and the moonlight to guide your way around the corner. I'm pretty sure we crossed the finish line with the engine shut off!

Now comes time for repairs, figuring out the stuttering problem, and replacing the nice new braided line that seems to have developed a leak inside the car. Not sure yet if you will see us at PN'08, that whole cold weather thing isn't fun for servicing, and we have very minimal heat in that Scirocco right now!

Thanks again from #53!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print