Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Rally of The Tall Pines photos (Read 6639 times)
Dave Cotie
God Member

North Bay, Ontario
Re: Rally of The Tall Pines photos
Reply #15 - 11/26/7 at 15:05:51

Jeannie VE3JNE wrote on 11/26/7 at 12:03:10:
Carolyn and I saw two dogs in the Peanut. One was lost and the other was Elmer's dog, who wouldn't get into his truck. I hope he finally managed to get him in!

We told Elmer where the other little dog was, and he said he'd look for him after he could get back in. (We were 000 so were clearing the stage.)

So, the dogs were not alone and forgotten out there!

Jeannie

I know Elmer got his own dog finally. The dog is very skittish around other people, but eventually went to Elmer. I don't know about the other one though.

Dave Cotie
VA3 COT
  IP Logged
C. Hamm

Will rally for free.

Re: Rally of The Tall Pines photos
Reply #16 - 11/26/7 at 19:22:06

Tom and I had to stop for two deer on Detlor Rd after coming out of the shakedown stage.  We slowed for another deer on Lower Hastings, and when we did the initial odo cal we saw a dead wild turkey (looked nothing like any Stewards I know) on the highway really near the Dungannon Centre.  My Golf was run into by a deer on Middle Hastings a year or two ago.

Public thanks to Ross and Donna C. for asking me to ride with Tom in Car 0.  A total privilege and honour I don't take for granted.  We all know he's a fantastic driver.  Tom is a top notch person to work with in all respects.  It was a great learning experience to run in 0 in a National with such an experienced rally professional.  He's still one of my rally heroes.  I found out I saw him while working the now defunct Dartmouth Highlands Rally (National) in 1987.  Amazing how this stuff can come full circle.

Also, as somebody who harps on and on about people getting out to volunteer, I had it easy in a warm car all day.  Huge hat's-off to all the souls who stood out in the COLD for so long to make this event happen.  I'll likely be on stage duty next year freezing like the rest of you.

I thought it was exciting to know there were more than 33 cars through Castledine's Corners this year, and that the win came down to the last stage.  That's a great rally.

Craig

VA3KRT
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print