Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Rally of The Tall Pines photos (Read 6654 times)
TomH

Rally of The Tall Pines photos
11/25/7 at 21:34:38

Hi All
I have my Pines photos posted on my site.

Tom
www.performancerallyimages.com

IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Re: Rally of The Tall Pines photos
Reply #1 - 11/25/7 at 21:40:32

Hi Tom, happen to get any of 00?  Grin

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
TomH

Reply #2 - 11/25/7 at 22:58:44

Sorry Ryan, but I don't. Sat was a rough day for me moving around, so I wasn't in postion that early. I hit a deer on Sat morning near Apsley and I was feeling the effects from the jar in the steering wheel. At times, I was having trouble holding up my camera. It's better today but certainly was good on the way home.

IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Reply #3 - 11/25/7 at 23:28:19

I understand, not a problem. As for the deer, I discovered that a siren and lightbar don't scare them away either... My total is around 12 sighted on the roads, two of which I very nearly clobbered on 620 coming out of A11...

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
grinthock
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 11/25/7 at 23:37:03

Here he is, showin how it's done...

Rest of my stuff is being uploaded to flickr -- but it's takin some time so i'll post a link tommorow...

IP Logged
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 11/26/7 at 09:34:15

Speaking of deer, when I visited the O.P.P. before the rally,  they told me that this year has the highest number of incidents ever in the district with cars hitting animals.  Almost all of those are deer.  In fact they said that 75% of all their traffic incidents in the past two months have involved deer.

On Friday evening while the Shakedown was going on Christopher and I were checking the rest of the Dungannon Spectator stage.  Just up past the main Spectator Area in the middle of the double apex final turn,  we encountered a deer standing still dead centre in the road.  It looked around then leapt gracefully over the guardrail exactly where it got ripped out on Saturday. What a beautiful sight - one of our most graceful animals in a true wintery background.

IP Logged
Doug_Woods
YaBB Newbies

Quebec
Reply #6 - 11/26/7 at 09:44:20

During the rally, while returning to Rally HQ from the Detlor Road jog, I came over a crest and there were about 20 wild turkeys in the middle of the road.  They were pecking away at the road surface and I assume they were eating salt.

There were about 20 more in the process of coming out of the woods and moving through the ditch towards the road.

Please, no jokes about the Senior Steward being the 41st turkey on the scene. Roll Eyes

Doug Woods

IP Logged
dtompsett

Ontario
Reply #7 - 11/26/7 at 09:53:39

Many deer sighted during the weekend... couple of close calls in the service truck...

IP Logged
Jeannie VE3JNE

Lanark Highlands
Reply #8 - 11/26/7 at 10:37:57

RyanHuber wrote on 11/25/7 at 21:40:32:
Hi Tom, happen to get any of 00?  Grin

The funny thing is, my car is also a blue Impreza and I happened to lose a "0" a couple of times . . . so I double-checked this photo to make sure it was Ryan and not me!

Jeannie

P.S. Had a WONDERFUL time with HAM gal Carolyn Ryall working the Pines as 000-B!  Grin

IP Logged
Dave Cotie
God Member

North Bay, Ontario
Reply #9 - 11/26/7 at 11:32:12

I saw so many deer this weekend, I stopped counting them. However Thursday afternoon on Lower Hastings A8, we were doing the Recce Finish Control and two yearling deer slowly crept out of the woods and across the road not 25 ft. in front of us. Beautiful animals against the white background of snow.

Dave Cotie
VA3 COT
  IP Logged
Anthony_T

Reply #10 - 11/26/7 at 11:36:41

We came across a stray dog running through either the Detlor or Peanut stage.  I felt bad that we couldn't really stop to pick him up.  If I remember correctly, this happened last year too...  

WWW   IP Logged
dtompsett

Ontario
Reply #11 - 11/26/7 at 11:48:52

Anthony_T wrote on 11/26/7 at 11:36:41:
We came across a stray dog running through either the Detlor or Peanut stage.  I felt bad that we couldn't really stop to pick him up.  If I remember correctly, this happened last year too...  

Saw him too... had collar/tags on, and was quick to jump off the racing line to let us pass.  Poor thing looked cold though.

IP Logged
Jeannie VE3JNE

Lanark Highlands
Reply #12 - 11/26/7 at 12:03:10

Carolyn and I saw two dogs in the Peanut. One was lost and the other was Elmer's dog, who wouldn't get into his truck. I hope he finally managed to get him in!

We told Elmer where the other little dog was, and he said he'd look for him after he could get back in. (We were 000 so were clearing the stage.)

So, the dogs were not alone and forgotten out there!

Jeannie

IP Logged
ktibi79

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #13 - 11/26/7 at 13:56:39

Great pictures!

IP Logged
Jeannie VE3JNE

Lanark Highlands