Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RSO Election of Officers 2008 (Read 1865 times)
gully

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

RSO Election of Officers 2008
12/10/7 at 09:52:38

The RSO AGM and Awards Banquet will be held March 15th at a Location TBA

I have been appointed a nominating committee of one to find people interested in joining the RSO Board.

There are two positions up for Election
VP Navigational
Secretary

These are two year terms.

Would anyone interested in running for either of these positions please contact me gulliver@nexicom.net or phone 705-292-7232

Remember without a strong involved Executive we cannot have a strong Sport.

The description of duties as laid out in RSO By-Laws is below. The VP Navigational in addition to duties listed below oversees the ORRC series events

Pete g
VP Navigational

9.2 The Vice Presidents shall, in the absence or disability of the President, perform the duties and exercise the powers of the President, either jointly or individually by mutual agreement.  They shall administer or cause to be administered all rallysport events organized by the Corporation in the Province of Ontario.  They shall oversee or cause to be overseen all rallysport activities sanctioned by the Corporation.

Secretary

9.3 The Secretary may be empowered by the Board of Directors, upon resolution of the Board, to carry on the affairs of the Corporation, generally under the  supervision of the Officers thereof, and shall attend all meetings and act as Clerk thereof and record all votes and minutes of all proceedings in the books to be kept at the head office for that purpose.  He/she shall give or cause to be given notice of all meetings of the members and of the Board of Directors, and shall perform other such duties as may be prescribed by the Board of Directors or President under whose supervision he/she shall be.

Pete G
  IP Logged
prmoore
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: RSO Election of Officers 2008
Reply #1 - 12/13/7 at 17:46:40

I guess this is as good a place as any to post my "campaign platform".  Yes, I will be seeking reelection as Vice President, Navigational, at the March 15 AGM.  Here are some of the things I was instrumental in accomplishing during my current term:

Getting the ORRC Green Crew fees increased.  Previously crews were being paid an average of $30-- and anyone who has ever Green Crewed an ORRC event knows that the job takes a LOT of time and gasoline.  Now drivers are paid an average of $50, and in the new year navigators will be paid $20, in recognition of the fact that both members incur expenses getting to the route and doing the work.

Changing the rules for Novice class to make it easier for true novice teams be competitive, by requiring anyone using an integrated rally computer odometer/timing device to go into the Intermediate class.

Compiling an Organizers' Manual for Navigational Rallies, by soliciting, collecting, and editing together previously widespread information from a variety of sources.

Introducing rules allowing for the use of Time Allowances, to make our sport safer and more clearly not "racing".

Sponsoring a permanent trophy for the Ontario Road Rally Cup.

Creating a competition for ORRC Club Championship (beginning in the 2008 season), hopefully to encourage more rally entries and also to recognize the active RSO member clubs.

Cutting in half the RSO fees levied on organizing clubs, from $10 to $5 per entrant.  This will help clubs make a little headway when putting on one of the events we so love.

Helping to keep the new RSO web page up to date, particularly the calendar.

I believe that the work I have been doing as VP-Navigational has been of benefit to the sport and the rallying community, and I would like the opportunity to continue to be your voice on the RallySport Ontario board.  I am always available to receive input and present your viewpoints at the executive meetings, and I would be proud to keep doing so.  As well as the usual methods of e-mail, mail, or telephone, I can be found participating at every ORRC event, and many club events as well.   I would appreciate your support in the March election.

--Rita Moore

RSO VP, navigational rallies
  IP Logged
Jim_Stevens
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 12/13/7 at 23:35:50

Pete:

These are the two positions open for election for 2008.  Presumably the other officers retain their positions until some future year as the elections are for mutli year terms.

Is there anything in the RSO bylaws that provide for an impeachment or recall of continuing officers in years that the positions are not subject to an election ?

Thanks.

Jim Stevens

IP Logged
gully

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 12/14/7 at 11:51:57

Quote:
Pete:

These are the two positions open for election for 2008.  Presumably the other officers retain their positions until some future year as the elections are for mutli year terms.

Is there anything in the RSO bylaws that provide for an impeachment or recall of continuing officers in years that the positions are not subject to an election ?

Thanks.

Jim Stevens

Jim

There is nothing in the RallySport Ontario Bylaws that I can see. RSO does run under Robert's Rules of order. I do not have a copy of those rules and there may or may not be something in Roberts that covers this.

I do have an electronic version of RSO Bylaws which you are welcome to see [along with anyone else] Please contact me with your email address gulliver@nexicom.net and I can send to you.

Pete Gulliver
RSO Nominating 2008

Pete G
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print