Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
RSO FourStar Motorsports Rallycross - RESULTS UP!! (Read 31779 times)
James Drake
YaBB Administrator

Ontario
RSO FourStar Motorsports Rallycross - RESULTS UP!!
01/04/8 at 20:08:35

2008 RSO FourStar Motorsports Winter Rallycross Series presented by MLRC

This year MLRC will be presenting 3 winter rallycross events held in the great rallying town of Bancroft, Ontario proudly sponsored by:
FourStar Motorsports of Gerogetown, Ontario  (http://www.fourstarmotorsports.com/).

A new location has been found and a track has been built just for our use. There is also a heated building for registration, scoring and refreshments.

The events will be:
Sunday, January 20
Sunday, February 3
Sunday, February 24

Registration will open at 10:00am

$50 per driver with a maximum of 3 drivers per car.
($10 rebate to members of MLRC)
(Cash or Check only)

NEW LOCATION
The new rallycross location is based in the Bancroft Fish & Game Club. This is located on HWY#62 north of the old rallycross site. The Address is 27602 Hwy 62 South, Bancroft Ontario

http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=108230861720038515618.000442fb5362815c6...

REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!!!!
Please register at:
Please note the following new links for the entry forms etc

Entry Form:
http://www.tallpinesrally.com/MLRC/WRXEntryForm.asp

Online Payment Policies:
http://www.tallpinesrally.com/MLRC/WRXPolicies.htm

Online Entry List:
http://www.tallpinesrally.com/MLRC/WRXEntryList.asp

Competitors who have already registered using the old RSO form do not need to register again, though it would save us some headache and you can pay ahead of time with your credit card. Please use this form for all future entries.

Any questions, please feel free to contact us at:
rallycross@mlrc.ca

Looking forward to seeing you all there.
JD

« Last Edit: 02/28/8 at 21:12:23 by James Drake »  

James Drake

MLRC Membership Chairman
MLRC Rallycross Coordinator
  IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Re: RSO Winter Rallycross Series presented by MLRC
Reply #1 - 01/04/8 at 22:13:41

Here's a very crude approximation of the track layout as it will be plowed. It's about 200m x 150m and very flexible in how we lay out the actual course. Figure on 800m to 1km course layouts, with laptimes between 1:30 and 2 minutes.

Also, current snow conditions in the area can be seen here:

http://www.limericklodge.com/webcam.html

As of December 31st there's 21" of snowpack up there!

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
James Drake
YaBB Administrator

Ontario
Reply #2 - 01/05/8 at 10:53:55

NEW LOCATION MAP

Here is a map for the new location, as you can see it is very close to the old site.

http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=108230861720038515618.000442fb5362815c6...

SNOW CONDITIONS

Ross is working on the track right now and there is a 3 foot snow depth Smiley Smiley Smiley

James Drake

MLRC Membership Chairman
MLRC Rallycross Coordinator
  IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Reply #3 - 01/05/8 at 12:08:37

Just heard from Ross, the track is plowed now, 4-6' snowbanks on the outsides of corners and 2' on the insides. They did it rough with the loader first, and now the town guy is coming back with the blade on it to smooth things out, etc. Things are very soft still because the frost never got in the ground before the big snowfall at Pines, but the warm temps, rain and then cold again we're going to get will serve to firm everything up. Once it turns cold again, everyone hope for snow that we can pack down and make the track perfect!

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 01/05/8 at 20:38:32

Winter RX Track Report Jan 5 08

Spent most of today in Bancroft working with Chris, our Town of Bancroft friend, creating the new Winter RX course.  We discovered that with the snow arriving so early in November, the ground underneath never got frozen.  So the plan today was to rough out the entire course.  The predicted warm weather and rain will get the ground very wet, then the upcoming cold snap will freeze it solid, now that we have removed the deep layer of snow insulation. After that we just need a bit of fresh snow for perfect conditions.  If there is no fresh snow,  we will still have a great course with huge, friendly snowbanks.  The snow is so deep up there that there is virtually no chance of it melting off in a few days of warm weather.

We designed the course so that it has countless options for course layout.  The one I measured off today when we were done was just under 1 km. in length. I drove it my street 2WD Corolla with absolutely no problem.  The course is on a totally flat field with no obstructions whatsoever, so the only thing you can possibly hit is a snowbank.

So get that car ready and clear those three dates!

IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Reply #5 - 01/06/8 at 01:11:47

Preview picture!

Ross took this shot very early in the plowing process, much of the track that is in the background is not yet plowed (though you can see some of the stakes and tape we used to denote apexes). Hopefully they don't get too much rain up there over the next couple days and some of that packed snow freezes into a nice ice base and then we get some good snow on top!

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
Jeannie VE3JNE

Lanark Highlands
Re: RSO FourStar Motorsports Winter Rallycross Ser
Reply #6 - 01/08/8 at 11:24:29

Good luck with the snow! All we've got here is rain and fog, and more rain. Our beautiful track . . . I don't want to think about it!  Cry

Jeannie

IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Reply #7 - 01/08/8 at 15:32:26

Yeah, it's looking pretty similar up there at the moment too. I'm still holding out hope though that after tomorrow the temps will drop enough to freeze things back up and then we get some snow to rebuild a track surface. Fingers are crossed. Worst case, we've got the first sunday of March booked as a rain date if we have to skip the first event.

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
dan sprongl

Reply #8 - 01/09/8 at 20:00:49

Hi Guys

How much snow is left on the course?

Sounds like this should be a lot fun.

Maybe this series I can have time to drive a car.

Dan Sprongl

IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Reply #9 - 01/09/8 at 22:11:58

Hi Dan,

Nobody's had a look at the course yet, but I think Ross will be heading over to check early next week. Judging by the pics from the Limerick Lake webcam though, I'd suspect that there's no snow on the track, but the banks will still be there, albeit smaller now. We're still hoping for a decent snowfall over the next few days to give us a track surface back (which the forcast seems to be giving us Monday and Tuesday) so we're going to have to just wait and see at this point.

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
RallyJake
YaBB Newbies

Always taking the
unbeaten path

Reply #10 - 01/14/8 at 09:58:20

I know that we can't trust or predict the weather, however what are the chances that the ground will be covered and/or iced over to have at least a few passes in the snow other then mud?

Also will there be helmets on site that you can rent/borrow?  I can't remember what the arrangement was last year at Burnt River.

Thanks,

Jakub

IP Logged
nhibbert

Reply #11 - 01/14/8 at 10:09:42

Most people are pretty good about lending out their helmets, you just have to ask.

Norman
VE3HWL
  IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Reply #12 - 01/14/8 at 15:47:00

Jakub,

Ross is planning to go have a look at the course tomorrow, and we'll be making a decision on the event tomorrow night. I wouldn't worry too much about mud, but frozen dirt is more likely.

I'm sure there will be helmets there you can borrow, I wouldn't worry about that too much.

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
RallyJake
YaBB Newbies

Always taking the
unbeaten path

Reply #13 - 01/15/8 at 08:15:06

Thanks Ryan,

The sooner we know the better so we can arrange our schedule to attend the event.

Let's hope it's a go, although frozen ground doesn't sound like that much fun.

IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Reply #14 - 01/15/8 at 22:10:37

Alright folks, here's the deal. Below are the current track conditions. As you can see, things are certainly less than they were, but usable. The forcast is calling for more snow up there over the rest of the week, but we're still not really going to have big snowbanks, etc. We're trying to make a decision if the event should go or not, because so far we only have 7 entries. So, we're going to put it out to you guys. After seeing these pics, if we get some more entries lined up then we'll be a go (we need a minimum 12-14 to make it worth while), otherwise we'll postpone this event until February 3rd and hope we still have snow in early March for a third event.

So, get your entries in here: http://www.oldrallysport.on.ca/rallycrossentry.html

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print