Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
HANS devices and Canadian Rally (Read 10079 times)
Doug_Woods
YaBB Newbies

Quebec
Re: HANS devices and Canadian Rally
Reply #15 - 01/28/8 at 14:13:14

STRACK wrote on 01/23/8 at 20:29:25:
Hans Sells add on Anchors so you can upgrade your helmet to use the Hans device, but the Helmet manual  says if you alter the helmet in any way you void the safety classification.

Do you know if CRC will allow this modification?

Jon:

As per CARS NRR I, A, 6., you may mount hardware on a helmet for FIA approved HANS devices.  Read the rule carefully.

While I was on the CARS Rules Committe, this is one of the rules that I worked very hard to get in place (not the FIA part, but the mounting part).

Doug Woods

IP Logged
Anthony_T

Reply #16 - 01/28/8 at 19:06:05

" While I was on the CARS Rules Committe, this is one of the rules that I worked very hard to get in place (not the FIA part, but the mounting part). "

Thank you for this Doug.

The more of our older equipment we can adapt, the easier the transition will be.  It's less wasteful - better for the environment- and easier on the pocketbook.

WWW   IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Reply #17 - 01/29/8 at 22:40:26

Sport models are now at CSC, not sure if they have extras or just ones for people who ordered. I'm going to pick mine up on thursday, I'll let everyone know how it looks!

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Reply #18 - 01/31/8 at 23:13:01

OK, picked it up tonight, figured I'd put up a few pics. Note, it doesn't have quite as much "bling" as the more expensive models as it isn't carbon fiber (it's actually plastic, recycle code 7 right on it...), and it is heavier, but I'm sure with the belts pulled down tight I won't even notice it.

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
STRACK

'55 Beetle (O\ l /O)
- 2000 GRP2 FORD
FOCUS

GTA
Reply #19 - 02/01/8 at 14:37:14

hey ryan,  it looks great!
have you tried it out yet?  I am interested in your opinion of the 20 Degree angle and how it feels.
I believe the sport model only comes in M.20 and i have a very upright seating position so I dont know how it will feel.

Let me know what you think and thanks for the pictures.
Jon

Jonathan Strack
VE3 ZWJ
WWW   IP Logged
STRACK

'55 Beetle (O\ l /O)
- 2000 GRP2 FORD
FOCUS

GTA
Reply #20 - 02/01/8 at 14:37:24

hey ryan,  it looks great!
have you tried it out yet?  I am interested in your opinion of the 20 Degree angle and how it feels.
I believe the sport model only comes in M.20 and i have a very upright seating position so I dont know how it will feel.

Let me know what you think and thanks for the pictures.
Jon

Jonathan Strack
VE3 ZWJ
WWW   IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Reply #21 - 02/01/8 at 16:03:10

Hi Jon,

I haven't had a chance to try it in a race seat yet, no. I've had it on with the tethers and everything, but it's really hard to tell how it will feel until I get in a race seat with belts. The seat I'll be in is a Sparco Circuit. From what I've read though the 20 degree is the norm for our kind of application.

At the moment you're right though, it is only available in the 20 medium, at least until there are more molds and they start making different ones.

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
j_gardhouse
YaBB Administrator

On hiatus - drinking
the two wheeled
koolaid.

Reply #22 - 02/01/8 at 17:50:38

RyanHuber wrote on 02/01/8 at 16:03:10:
Hi Jon,

I haven't had a chance to try it in a race seat yet, no. I've had it on with the tethers and everything, but it's really hard to tell how it will feel until I get in a race seat with belts. The seat I'll be in is a Sparco Circuit. From what I've read though the 20 degree is the norm for our kind of application.

At the moment you're right though, it is only available in the 20 medium, at least until there are more molds and they start making different ones.

Though it has been recommended, or suggested that those with a big chest go with a 30 degree. But 90% of rally folk seem to be running the 20 degree.

Jamie - VA3HAX/VE3XTL - I break things and make loud noises
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print