Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Looking to get into rally (Read 2730 times)
Markus_Kurronen
YaBB Newbies

Sexy Time

Looking to get into rally
04/03/8 at 08:44:42

Hello everyone

I just picked up a 96 Legacy 5spd from my buddy in Bufflo and I'm looking to get into rally. I've never raced before so does anyone have any suggestions for me on where to start?  I would like to keep it pretty much stock maybe adding a roll cage... Grin (might need it lol). Eventually my plan is to rip the motor out when im finshed with it and slap it in my 97 Impreza wgn and bore and stroke it. Any help would be appreciated guys.

Proud Subaru Owner:
97 Impreza Wgn
96 Legacy L sedan 5spd
98 Legacy L auto

If its not broken, your not trying hard enough!
  IP Logged
nhibbert

Re: Looking to get into rally
Reply #1 - 04/03/8 at 12:21:20

Here's the standard advice:

1. Get a rule book.
2. Buying a used rally car with a cage already in it is usually cheaper than building one yourself.
3. You can rallyX the car the way it is now. Come out to some rallyX's this summer and get some practice time in.
4. Volunteer to help out at performance rally's (Black Bear, Tall Pines). You'll meet lots of people who can help you and who'll give you good advice.
5. Enter navigational rally's so you and you co-driver can practice timing calculations and working together.

Norman
VE3HWL
  IP Logged
vasilli
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/07/8 at 18:25:44

I'm also a noob and want to try rallyX. I have been doing autoX for the past two years and wanna advance my skill in the dirt.

Can you pls suggest a good rallyX series, and perhaps a website w/ more info?

IP Logged
rallyrick
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 05/09/8 at 08:46:57

I have just the car for you to start your rallying experience. 1967 Ford Cortina GT, championship winning car in 2007, CARS logbooked, photos of it are on this forum from 2008 winter rallycross series, offers around $7000.00 will own it.

IP Logged
nhibbert

Reply #4 - 05/12/8 at 08:03:46

Quote:
I'm also a noob and want to try rallyX. I have been doing autoX for the past two years and wanna advance my skill in the dirt.

Can you pls suggest a good rallyX series, and perhaps a website w/ more info?

The MLRC runs the only summer RallyX series in the province right now. The dates are July 27, Aug 31, Sept 28, and Oct 26 and they will all be held near Bancroft. More details will be posted soon.

Both MLRC and MCO (Motorsports Club of Ottawa) run winter RallyX events.

Norman
VE3HWL
  IP Logged
vasilli
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/12/8 at 08:46:19

Thanks nhibbert, I will watch closely for more info.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print